A Beginners Guide to Writing OSBot Scripts (where to get started!) by Apaec

Apaec

10 hours ago, yaniij said:

Just wanted to say thanks so much. I'm doing a CS bachelor and had some introductory Java courses and this was very readable to me, but it was the first time seeing how an imported API would function and thanks to your guide I'm going to try to learn some OSRS scripting just to play with my basic skills a little. Combining a hobby like OSRS and courses for CS is pretty cool; thanks a lot for the effort to make this! 

Great to hear and good luck with your studies.. good choice with CS!  Learning through a hobby is by far the best way to learn IMO 😉 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, BloodyNoah said:

I think it should be like this: https://prnt.sc/10ya4je ?

I'm no expert with Eclipse but I don't think that looks right - OSBot should be under 'referenced libraries'.

If you right click on your project, then go to `build path > configure build path` and add OSBot as an external JAR there (`Add External JARs... > Select OSBot`), it should be happy.

-Apa

9 hours ago, chubbychaser said:

hey there

what does this mean and how do i resolve the error?

RS2Object cannot be resolved to a type    

thanks

Did you hover over RS2Object and import it? That message means it doesn't recognize RS2Object which is due to either you missing the OSBot library or missing an import.

• Like 1

Hey guys.

Im fairly new to learning how to code with osbot here and stumbled upon this guide.

I understand the basics of java and im doing this mainly just to continue learning for myself... I am having an issue with eclipse though where even after importing my reference library with the latest build of osbot - it's spitting out errors with the code backbone?

Is this a known issue or have i just messed something up somewhere? thanks a bunch.

Edit: 

I moved over to intellj IDEA which I prefer personally anyways ..and it imported the library just fine and didn't throw any errors. So maybe eclipse is just being weird these days?

Edited by Smicxtague

1 hour ago, Smicxtague said:

Hey guys.

Im fairly new to learning how to code with osbot here and stumbled upon this guide.

I understand the basics of java and im doing this mainly just to continue learning for myself... I am having an issue with eclipse though where even after importing my reference library with the latest build of osbot - it's spitting out errors with the code backbone?

Is this a known issue or have i just messed something up somewhere? thanks a bunch.

Edit: 

I moved over to intellj IDEA which I prefer personally anyways ..and it imported the library just fine and didn't throw any errors. So maybe eclipse is just being weird these days?

I'm not sure - it's working for me, and AFAIK both IntelliJ and Eclipse are backed by maven, so i'd hazard a guess that you might have missed a step in the setup, or that my setup guide is a little outdated :/ 

I'd recommend IntelliJ either way, it's a great IDE.

-Apa

8 hours ago, Apaec said:

I'm not sure - it's working for me, and AFAIK both IntelliJ and Eclipse are backed by maven, so i'd hazard a guess that you might have missed a step in the setup, or that my setup guide is a little outdated :/ 

I'd recommend IntelliJ either way, it's a great IDE.

-Apa

perfect :D im gonna use intellij and give it shot. This is all just a fun learning experience for me anyways. The runescape botting part just happens to be a fun thing for me lmao.

I built a very primitive color bot and just wanting to learn something more advanced :) thanks for everything! If you have any updated guides or other content you suggest - hit me up with it 

Going to work through yours today though!

On 4/5/2021 at 7:10 PM, Smicxtague said:

perfect :D im gonna use intellij and give it shot. This is all just a fun learning experience for me anyways. The runescape botting part just happens to be a fun thing for me lmao.

I built a very primitive color bot and just wanting to learn something more advanced :) thanks for everything! If you have any updated guides or other content you suggest - hit me up with it 

Going to work through yours today though!

Best of luck - do let me know if you run into any problems or have any further questions. I'm always happy to help. Have fun!

On 4/6/2021 at 3:40 PM, Apaec said:

Best of luck - do let me know if you run into any problems or have any further questions. I'm always happy to help. Have fun!

I'm not sure what I did wrong that night (admittedly i had been drinking a little bit) but i went back into eclipse and did it exactly how you had it and it's working no problem. I'm going to continue on with your guide. 
Made a few fun modifications just to test for like woodcutting and it works just fine. so should be a fun little learning project!!

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Smicxtague said:

I'm not sure what I did wrong that night (admittedly i had been drinking a little bit) but i went back into eclipse and did it exactly how you had it and it's working no problem. I'm going to continue on with your guide. 
Made a few fun modifications just to test for like woodcutting and it works just fine. so should be a fun little learning project!!

Awesome! Let me know how it goes :)