Scripting VS. Other Coding?

Kittens

Is scripting(java) as hard to create/write vs to create like for example say an android application of some sort???? Just curious to see what many of you OSD's and few scholars think of it and what not, I feel like looking into to create an android app this summer just for fun maybe, but don't erally know what im getting myself into so hopefully you guys can help me out and tell me if its harder than java?

Edited by Verified

Is scripting(java) as hard to create/write vs to create like for example say an android application of some sort???? Just curious to see what many of you OSD's and few scholars think of it and what not, I feel like looking into to create an android app this summer just for fun maybe, but don't erally know what im getting myself into

so hopefully you guys can help me out?

Only as hard as the depth of your knowledge, of course you need to learn the API for android development but same with scripting, if you don't know java (basics) don't bother until you do.

Google is your friend.

Edited by Divinity

Android is pretty much the same level of coding as creating a script (maybe a little harder but not much). The main reason I think apps took off is because it's so easy to create them with barely any knowledge. I highly recommend the video below me to fully understand what an app actually is:

Also, MIT recently released an App Inventor which imo is disgusting as it limits you like all hell but 80% of the apps out there could probably be created in an hour using it. Here's a playlist tutorial: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLGLfVvz_LVvSKgnFm8-6Fz1cd6zt_KxTC

Edited by Swizzbeat

Only as hard as the depth of your knowledge, of course you need to learn the API for android development but same with scripting, if you don't know java (basics) don't bother until you do.

Google is your friend.

This. In order to write somewhat decent designated code, you need to have a solid fundamental of the language you intend to write in.

• Like 1

Android is pretty much the same level of coding as creating a script (maybe a little harder but not much). The main reason I think apps took off is because it's so easy to create them with barely any knowledge. I highly recommend the video below me to fully understand what an app actually is:

Also, MIT recently released an App Inventor which imo is disgusting as it limits you like all hell but 80% of the apps out there could probably be created in an hour using it. Here's a playlist tutorial: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLGLfVvz_LVvSKgnFm8-6Fz1cd6zt_KxTC

i'll watch this and take a look at it when i get home and out of managerial accounting class and crap, but that MIT App inventor sounds pretty dope lol, gnna take a look into it when i get home 

would you say its easier to create a script or a developing an android app? something simple like a tool like a clock/alarm clock and etc ya know, nothing too complicated like a game with hundreds of levels like candy crush and etc.

Google is your friend.

so learn java before even jumping at all into android correct? I'ma have to make my wcer super beast and learn a lot i guess b4 jumping into android right?

This. In order to write somewhat decent designated code, you need to have a solid fundamental of the language you intend to write in.

ty

i'll watch this and take a look at it when i get home and out of managerial accounting class and crap, but that MIT App inventor sounds pretty dope lol, gnna take a look into it when i get home 

would you say its easier to create a script or a developing an android app? something simple like a tool like a clock/alarm clock and etc ya know, nothing too complicated like a game with hundreds of levels like candy crush and etc.

so learn java before even jumping at all into android correct? I'ma have to make my wcer super beast and learn a lot i guess b4 jumping into android right?

ty

Just know enough, don't know how your code looks so can't say but a solid understanding is vital.

Just know enough, don't know how your code looks so can't say but a solid understanding is vital.

Shit I know like more API related to osbot vs like knowing java and crap man lol

I talked to projectpact a long time ago he had a beast fishing script and he said he just studied the API and thats how he made it =)

ty

people should be learning java before even jumping into scripting lol. Anyway, I'd say android related stuff isn't hard but if you don't know what you're doing then you will have a hard time.

ty

They're two completely separate things so it's impossible to compare them. I would say it is the same general idea though as to write a script you need to know minimal Java and more of the API. The same concept applies to building an app for android. You may have no idea what you're doing or why things work (android abstracts you away from most of the internal stuff) but you'll still be able to make something.

FYI you use XML quite a bit with app making, however it's incredibly simple and after a few tutorials you'll get the hang of how to use it.

people should be learning java before even jumping into scripting lol. Anyway, I'd say android related stuff isn't hard but if you don't know what you're doing then you will have a hard time.

yeaaa thats what plenty of ppl told me but projectpact told me he just studied the API and made a pretty beast fishing script

They're two completely separate things so it's impossible to compare them. I would say it is the same general idea though as to write a script you need to know minimal Java and more of the API. The same concept applies to building an app for android. You may have no idea what you're doing or why things work (android abstracts you away from most of the internal stuff) but you'll still be able to make something.

FYI you use XML quite a bit with app making, however it's incredibly simple and after a few tutorials you'll get the hang of how to use it.

it sounds like you know lots about this man, i'ma look into it more with everything that you've mentioned to me and see what i can learn from online videos and TUTs =)

I'ma probably skype you and ask you further questions more direct and stuff about it.

Edited by Verified

yeaaa thats what plenty of ppl told me but projectpact told me he just studied the API and made a pretty beast fishing script

it sounds like you know lots about this man, i'ma look into it more with everything that you've mentioned to me and see what i can learn from online videos and TUTs =)

I'ma probably skype you and ask you further questions more direct and stuff about it.

I did a moderate amount of app work around November/December of last year so I'm not to knowledgeable on the subject but I know a little :p

If you really want to learn this is the best tutorial playlist I've found: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLGLfVvz_LVvQUjiCc8lUT9aO0GsWA4uNe

Android applications are pretty easy to make, and are made in Java.

iOS applications (much, much more profitable :P) are programmed in Objective C, which is a lot like C/C++.

Learning the Android/iOS API is quite a bit harder (not harder, just takes longer) to learn and remember than OSBot scripting.

But all in all, if you want to get anywhere with anything programming wise, I'd definitely be very fluent in the fundamentals of programming (that language specifically will help).

Android applications are pretty easy to make, and are made in Java.

iOS applications (much, much more profitable tongue.png) are programmed in Objective C, which is a lot like C/C++.

Learning the Android/iOS API is quite a bit harder (not harder, just takes longer) to learn and remember than OSBot scripting.

But all in all, if you want to get anywhere with anything programming wise, I'd definitely be very fluent in the fundamentals of programming (that language specifically will help).

would it be an easier road to learn C/C++/Objective C ? O_O and how are iOS apps more profitable?