RoomScape's chatbox issue - Maldesto feedback

Krulvis

I read what roomscape wrote about the chatbox and his issue of having an ever expanding private chatbox list. It was really easy to fix this using a custom userscript which can be applied with different extensions depending on the browser you are using....

7Tx9Kwl.png

This is the code:

// ==UserScript==
// @name       OSBot Chatbox Mod
// @namespace  http://use.i.E.your.homepage/
// @version    0.1
// @description  enter something useful
// @match      http://osbot.org/forum/chat/
// @copyright  Who even gives a fuck
// ==/UserScript==

document.getElementById("chat-tab-holder").setAttribute("style","overflow:auto;height:146px;width:250px");

Just create a new userscript and put this in. Reload the chat and it should work.

Oh and Maldesto, please stop closing threads because you do not have an answer for the issue.... I now had to make a new thread just to give a solution for Roomscape's issue. Just because you think something is unecessary or impossible doesn't mean it actually is what you believe it is.

Edited by Krulvis
  • Like 11

I read what roomscape wrote about the chatbox and his issue of having an ever expanding private chatbox list. It was really easy to fix this using a custom userscript which can be applied with different extensions depending on the browser you are using....

7Tx9Kwl.png

This is the code:

// ==UserScript==
// @name       OSBot Chatbox Mod
// @namespace  http://use.i.E.your.homepage/
// @version    0.1
// @description  enter something useful
// @match      http://osbot.org/forum/chat/
// @copyright  Who even gives a fuck
// ==/UserScript==

document.getElementById("chat-tab-holder").setAttribute("style","overflow:auto;height:146px;width:250px");

Just create a new userscript and put this in. Reload the chat and it should work.

Oh and Maldesto, please stop closing threads because you do not have an answer for the issue.... I now had to make a new thread just to give a solution for Roomscape's issue. Just because you think something is unecessary or impossible doesn't mean it actually is what you believe it is.

is this also the reason why i get kicked like every 5mins from the chatbox?   

@Krulvis4Scholar!

But uhh, don't fully understand you. Can it be applied to the main chat so that it's automatic for everyone, or will I have to add it manually every time?

It can be added to the javascript on the website applying it to everyone. But it's really easy to create a userscript with 1 line of code xD. If you use chrome as your browser add the Tampermonkey extension to your browser, create a new userscript and paste this code in it. It should be good after.

Edited by Krulvis

It can be added to the javascript on the website applying it to everyone. But it's really easy to create a userscript with 1 line of code xD. If you use chrome as your browser add the Tampermonkey extension to your browser, create a new userscript and paste this code in it. It should be good after.

I think I know what you mean, I'll try when I get on my laptop.

• Administrator

Pretty sure it was said with legal issues we aren't allowed to edit stuff like that. 

If it is legal and can be implemented we will do it. I've asked a lot of people what the situation was with editing the chat box, and I was told it wasn't allowed and we could get in trouble.

If this is legal please

I didn't lock the thread because I thought it was impossible, I locked the thread, because I was told editing their chat box wasn't legal. I knew someone could do it, but just didn't know if it was allowed. I apologize for that, thanks for helping.