source codes?

breefie

i can program decently in c++ so im sure i can pick up osbot scripting without problems. i always learn by editing / using code of other people... but can't find good sources except for that code found in the 2 tutorials from pandemic. can someone help me with source code? also, wouldn't it be a good idea to make it so everyone posts the source @ free scripts? alot of the scripts are broken because of small things like wrong id's... it's a shame they go to waste because no one except the author can update them. obviously people loose intrest in updating their old projects which dont earn them any money.

Edited by breefie

i can program decently in c++ so im sure i can pick up osbot scripting without problems. i always learn by editing / using code of other people... but can't find good sources except for that code found in the 2 tutorials from pandemic. can someone help me with source code? also, wouldn't it be a good idea to make it so everyone posts the source @ free scripts? alot of the scripts are broken because of small things like wrong id's... it's a shame they go to waste because no one except the author can update them. obviously people loose intrest in updating their old projects which dont earn them any money.

i'm assuming updating free scripts without concent from the user (evidence provided)

would count as intellectual theft, thats why good scripts are obfuscated too stop people

taking our code and making their scripts from it

i'm assuming updating free scripts without concent from the user (evidence provided)

would count as intellectual theft, thats why good scripts are obfuscated too stop people

taking our code and making their scripts from it

lol

1% of the local scripts may be obfuscated tongue.png And most of those can easily be de-obfuscated considering their small filesizes.

Edited by Botrepreneur
  • Like 1

lol

1% of the local scripts may be obfuscated tongue.png And most of those can easily be de-obfuscated considering their small filesizes.

still sure you shouldnt teach kids to decompile other peoples scripts, get them to actually learn java

otherwise they'll just make money from learning to copy and paste.

.class can be decompiled to source? lol

sleep.png

still sure you shouldnt teach kids to decompile other peoples scripts, get them to actually learn java

otherwise they'll just make money from learning to copy and paste.

It's a fun starting point imo.

1. Make your first shity script without any java/OSBotAPI by using stolen methods.
  2. Slowly start to understand the methods you stole.
  3. Desire to improve the stolen methods => desire to learn the theory that seemed so intimidating at first, but now that you have a goal and some very basic knowledge you feel ready to give it a shot.
  4. ...

(Story of my life)

Edited by Botrepreneur
  • Like 1

1. Make your first shity script without any java/OSBotAPI by using stolen methods.
  2. Slowly start to understand the methods you stole.
  3. Desire to improve the stolen methods => desire to learn the theory that seemed so intimidating at first, but now that you have a goal and some very basic knowledge you feel ready to give it a shot.
  4. ...

(Story of my life)

a song just popped into my head

• Like 1

• Make your first shity script without any java/OSBotAPI by using stolen methods.
  • Slowly start to understand the methods you stole.
  • Desire to improve the stolen methods => desire to learn the theory that seemed so intimidating at first, but now that you have a goal and some very basic knowledge you feel ready to give it a shot.
(Story of my life)
Don't encourage bad practices.
  • Like 2