Looking For Quick Homework Help

Mikasa

I'm currently taking a fundamentals of programming class, and the teacher is making us learn a program called "Just Basic".

I'm dumb and am stuck so far.

The main part I'm confused about is how to set it to reject zeros & negatives, and then I'm not too sure if he wants us to be able to input a certain amount to withdraw / deposit or not. mellow.png

Assignment:

gBoJJKZ.png

The part that he gave us in class:

UjeC8Vx.png

Whatever Just Basic is, I can assure you that you will never use it later in life.

I went on their website, and it looks to me as a sorry excuse to make money. According to http://justbasic.com/learnmore.html, for $50 you get access to the Windows API and and/or external DLLs.

Things like that should come for free in a programming language. If you look at any major programming language (Java, C, C++, C#, Python, PHP, Perl, Ruby, the list goes on and on), where you can write any code you want for free, the idea of having to pay extra for capabilities because they were limited on purpose purely to make money is ludicrous and reeks of money grubbing idiots.

You should try to see if you can learn in a different language. I hear Python is a good place to start, though I myself started learning C# first, then adopted Java as my main language.

Edited by fireswap
  • Like 2

Yeah, I'm aware that this a useless program that I will not use in the future, which is why I don't understand it.

Like, our "textbook" for this class is "how to program for dummies", not too sure why I paid so much for this class to be honest... lol

I think later on we'll be moving onto different programs (I fucking hope, I don't want to learn this shitty program for the next 3 months...)

But yeah, I just need help with this assignment, since the class is boring as fuck and I zone out too much to know what to do.

My friend that knows c++ was able to help with my last one with only looking at how the program is laid out for like 5 minutes. :/

Just Basic is awesome old school stuff, too bad I have no knowledge in it. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ou2A-JWszVA

Forgive me if I'm wrong, but that's Basic, whereas the OP needs help with Just Basic

I only saw the title, haven't watched the video because cba

Edited by fireswap

Oh oops, I think I went back a decade too far.

Nah, you've got the right idea.

Well, mostly I think. As stated above, Just Basic is based off of Basic :p

KIjnDFO.png

Honestly, I regret taking this class now.

It's aimed for people that have 0 experience with programming, so it's like baby steps, shit is so boring and I'm losing interest.

But I guess this is where I can say "welcome to community college" mellow.png

Nah, you've got the right idea.

Well, mostly I think. As stated above, Just Basic is based off of Basic tongue.png

KIjnDFO.png

Yeah, I know but I went back to far and shared a vid of BASIC which is older than Just Basic which is used on some "newer" MSwindows machines.

I'm currently taking a fundamentals of programming class, and the teacher is making us learn a program called "Just Basic".

I'm dumb and am stuck so far.

The main part I'm confused about is how to set it to reject zeros & negatives, and then I'm not too sure if he wants us to be able to input a certain amount to withdraw / deposit or not. mellow.png

Assignment:

The part that he gave us in class:

Maybe give a new option list and let user input new value after selecting option in first menu,

user types A -> "How much/Give Value" -> add points etc?

Yeah, I know but I went back to far and shared a vid of BASIC which is older than Just Basic which is used on some "newer" MSwindows machines.

Maybe give a new option list and let user input new value after selecting option in first menu,

user types A -> "How much/Give Value" -> add points etc?

Ah, that makes sense then aha.

& I added 2 lines and got that working.

Now I just need to figure out how to make it so you can't input 0 or negatives o.o

R0QbF5q.png