Overhaul of the Scripter Rank

Kittens

SCRIPTER RANKS  

27 members have voted

1. 1. Remove Official Script Developer rank and SDN Scripter and add regular Script Rank and Premium Scripter and a java rank for those who are more knowledgeable than others?

nezz, moore and fearme all 3 examples of great scripters and their scripts work super good..... yet the SDN scripter shows nothing whatsoever. means you got a script on the SDN big whup! no one will know that they release/write premium quality scripts/work whatsoever and most people with SDN Scripter rank are known to jst upload a free script and just get the rank thats it........................ -_____- Go look at sales ffor all those with OSD vs SDN Scripter rank. those with OSD exceed SDN Scripter rank massively..........

I'm not trying to be a dick or suggest any hatred towards swizzbeat but his fletching script got thrice the sales that I got, most likely because of the blue color he has. It just seems kinda unfair, lol.

• Like 1

I legit didn't understand jack shit you just wrote but anyway, I'll try to answer. Some of those scripters have applied for OSD(No need to mention) but it isn't a rank that's given out easily. Having OSD shows you know your shit. Will this get you more sales? Yes. Obviously. Does that mean you need to remove SDN-S? No. Why? Cause it adds incentive to work hard to get OSD. Think of SDN-S as a stepping stone to OSD so that we actually work to get the desired rank.

Don't remove anything, just add 'Scholar' and we're all happy, however give that PiP to a select few people

Also stop doing .................................

... Is enough

how abt rank just to show that you have moved up on the ladder and a premium script writer finally?????? 

I'm all up for OSD but when theres less than 20 people as OSD there should be a different stepping stone onto OSD, aka Premium Scripter or something...   hell it'd help osbot sales if more people see that there are premium script writers with scripts on the SDN premium

Honestly, Im more leaning to the support of the ones who show exceptional knowledge at Java a 'Scholar' rank. This is another pointless rank, and has no reason behind it. If this ever played out, it does not deserve a name color change.

Secondly, SDN scripter need to stay with the SDN scripter tag. You may want to change the SDN tag and the Official tag to something more suitable if thats the issue, but the hierarchy that plays within those two is needed. I believe that ones who show exceptional work and maintaining of their scripts should be considered 'Official', as the rule is now, and people who are able just pass by the upload requests should remain as SDN scripter. 

Just my 2 pennies 

• Like 1

nezz, moore and fearme all 3 examples of great scripters and their scripts work super good..... yet the SDN scripter shows nothing whatsoever. means you got a script on the SDN big whup! no one will know that they release/write premium quality scripts/work whatsoever and most people with SDN Scripter rank are known to jst upload a free script and just get the rank thats it........................ -_____- Go look at sales ffor all those with OSD vs SDN Scripter rank. those with OSD exceed SDN Scripter rank massively..........

LOLOLOLOL

ot: no

• Like 1

Honestly, Im more leaning to the support of the ones who show exceptional knowledge at Java a 'Scholar' rank. This is another pointless rank, and has no reason behind it. If this ever played out, it does not deserve a name color change.

Secondly, SDN scripter need to stay with the SDN scripter tag. You may want to change the SDN tag and the Official tag to something more suitable if thats the issue, but the hierarchy that plays within those two is needed. I believe that ones who show exceptional work and maintaining of their scripts should be considered 'Official', as the rule is now, and people who are able just pass by the upload requests should remain as SDN scripter. 

Just my 2 pennies 

What about ur thought on a prem script rank?

Swizzbeats fletcher got 3x more sales than FearMes and fearmes is better...... -____- 

u can look at all the people with OSD vs SDN Scripter rank only and the sales of OSD's against SDN Scripter is a big difference mate.........

Edited by Verified

Swizzbeats fletcher got 3x more sales than FearMes and fearmes is better...... -____- 

I doubt its because it's Swizzbeat's color. First of all, Swizzbeat is extremely active within the community and has over 3.9k posts on the forums. He's well known, and I don't see Fearme displaying the scripts he had created in his signature just as Swizz has. As once told by a member of the community, Fearme's script emblem/icon in the store is not attractive as other scripters, merely because theres a troll on there and isn't taken as seriously. Don't get me wrong, Fearme is active and a great scripter too, but the chatbox doesn't really cut it , because their are over 4k members visiting the site (forums) daily and the climax of members in the chat reaches 30-40. 

I'm not trying to be a dick or suggest any hatred towards swizzbeat but his fletching script got thrice the sales that I got, most likely because of the blue color he has. It just seems kinda unfair, lol.

You dick.

u can look at all the people with OSD vs SDN Scripter rank only and the sales of OSD's against SDN Scripter is a big difference mate.........

Please, I wrote his banking method...

No hate towards @FearMe, as he's a great scripter, but you can't judge scripting experience based on a simple script that fletches things...

a fletcher is a very simple script, I don't know why you're crying so much

No support for your suggestion.

Scripter rank and Premium Scripter rank is pretty much a way to divide if any scripter has a premium script, which is pretty pointless imo. The Java rank got denied before when @Swizzbeat suggested it cause it was pointless.

I rather have the OSD rank around and just change the SDN scripter rank to trial scripter rank like it used to be, but without it, the admins would have to remove and add people individually, which can be painful.

Making a difference between premium and free SDN scripts is pointless. There is no "moving up the ladder" the first SDN script I released was premium.

The only SDN scripts I've released were premium.

There is literally no difference between putting up a free SDN and a premium SDN script. (other than you get paid)

I like adding scholar.

I still say SDN Scripters should get a colored name.

Other than adding scholar and giving colored name for SDN Scripter, I disagree with this post.

• Developer

When it comes down to it, that is exactly what this site is. The reason many other sites have many active ex-developers/other incredibly intelligent people is mainly because they recognize the brilliance of these people and reward them with a rank which results in e-peen. I know for a fact more Java developers would be active on this site if they had something to work towards.

I think you're mistaken if you think that a lot of the best programmers care that much about ranks or e-peen. I do agree that there are a lot of the ones in the middle or the younger ones that will care. Working towards a rank just seems outrageously stupid. How about working for the advancement of the world instead?

• Like 4