Some idea's I had to fight the scammers.

Neff

Hey guys! I've just been thinking about ways that i could think of to help with some of the scamming that's been happening.

1st: I think their should be verified middlemen. They would have to apply for the rank and MUST have over 100 feed back. This eliminates players with low feedback attempting to middleman for someone and 5/10 times unfortunately scamming one of both of the players doing the trade.

2nd: I think the selling of accounts can only be done by VIP's or higher, this gets rid of newer players coming and trying to sell an account and then just recovering it after the deal was done. The buying of account's can be done by any player but they must have their Paypal account verified or just make it so you can only pay through rsgp, if you needed gp you would have to go through a different site then osbot to purchase the gold. This will hopefully reduce the amount of charge backs in the community.

Thank's for taking time to read this!

-Neff

Hey guys! I've just been thinking about ways that i could think of to help with some of the scamming that's been happening.

1st: I think their should be verified middlemen. They would have to apply for the rank and MUST have over 100 feed back. This eliminates players with low feedback attempting to middleman for someone and 5/10 times unfortunately scamming one of both of the players doing the trade.

2nd: I think the selling of accounts can only be done by VIP's or higher, this gets rid of newer players coming and trying to sell an account and then just recovering it after the deal was done. The buying of account's can be done by any player but they must have their Paypal account verified or just make it so you can only pay through rsgp, if you needed gp you would have to go through a different site then osbot to purchase the gold. This will hopefully reduce the amount of charge backs in the community.

Thank's for taking time to read this!

-Neff

There is already a verified middle man pip.

250 feedback with 50+ feedback from middlemanning.

In regards to your first suggestion, we do have Verified Middlemen. :) http://osbot.org/forum/forum/164-verified/

As for your second, I'm not quite sure. There are quite the surplus of trusted users who don't acquire the VIP / Sponsor rank. Having a colored, bolded name shouldn't entitle anyone a level of trust. 

Keep on suggesting though!

• Administrator

We already have a Verified MM rank.

Vip can be purchased at new registration so you can purchase it while registering.

That is why we put 100 post count on it, because you can't get that in 1 day. If you do, you will be investigated and set back most likely for spamming.

• Like 1

We already have a Verified MM rank.

Vip can be purchased at new registration so you can purchase it while registering.

That is why we put 100 post count on it, because you can't get that in 1 day. If you do, you will be investigated and set back most likely for spamming.

I think he meant more like separate topic section inside ''Middleman'' section.

fk logic

In regards to your first suggestion, we do have Verified Middlemen. smile.png http://osbot.org/forum/forum/164-verified/

As for your second, I'm not quite sure. There are quite the surplus of trusted users who don't acquire the VIP / Sponsor rank. Having a colored, bolded name shouldn't entitle anyone a level of trust. 

Keep on suggesting though!

Tbh, some people wont trade others that don't have a colored name. It just shows an amount of loyalty to the community.

There's already a VMM PiP:

Also, anyone should be able to sell accounts, not just VIP's... all that will do is make people purchase VIP and sell accounts for higher price

What's wrong with selling account's for higher prices?

You don't have to be loyal to sell accounts...

Still, id prefer to trade with someone who was a vip or higher, just my opinion

What's wrong with selling account's for higher prices?

Still, id prefer to trade with someone who was a vip or higher, just my opinion

I meant scammers will sell it for higher prices and scam even more since they would have to make up for the money they lost having to purchase VIP.

Verified ranks: http://osbot.org/forum/forum-122/announcement-10-verified-ranks/