Let's fight scammers!

RoomScape

Normally, there's not much we can do against account scammers. It's virtually impossible to stop them from recovering the account and users who are unaware of them end up getting scammed, unfortunately.

The staff keeps coming up with restrictions trying to stop scammers dead in their tracks, but this can often prove to be extremely difficult. However, I have a suggestion that can affectively stop repeat scammers.

With account selling scammers, I suggest there be made a blacklist thread in the accounts section. This thread will contain the LOG-IN name or e mail of every account recovered. It will publicly be displayed upon the closure of a scam report resulting with the decision that the seller has recovered the account, regardless of whether the money was refunded to the buyer or not. Although the display name (in game name) can be changed, the log in name can never be changed and is unique for every account.

With that being implemented, giving that buyers actually read it, it can stop repeat scammers from selling and recovering the same account over and over again. I would also like to add an extra layer of security by having accounts verified (preferably by a staff member or someone with a verified transact or rank) that the account the person is selling hasn't been blacklisted. I'm not sure if this would help out so much, but it might. I can see users trying to take advantage of that and trying to scam saying the account is verified, but it's just a mini suggestion.

My next suggestion would be to create a similar thread in the gold selling section with paypals that have chargedback in the past and have been proven guilty and the user banned in a valid scam report.

If the above is implemented, and scammers continue scamming, we will shortly have a database of scammers and their accounts which we won't trade with. I know a new scammer can always come and scam, but with this list we can affectively cut out repeat scammers. Once someone gets banned for scamming, they will more than likely create another account to ban evade on to scam again. It's not really easy to catch a random ban evader and you never know how many there are, so this suggestion can prove very useful if action is taken.

If this is accepted, all MM's should refer to the blacklisted accounts before continuing through the trade. This can prove to be a very beneficial aspect of the market.

With that said, I'd like to hear your thoughts about it and any concerns you may have.

Edited by RoomScape
  • Like 10

Support, I'm pretty sure Sythe does this.

Really? I haven't been on sythe in forever. Last time I was on there I PM'd a mod a question and they haven't looked at my PM after a week.

Support wery good idea also evrytime u going to trade with someone try put in search,google his skype sometimes u could found that they scamm on other sites and they are not legit people helps me before allot when i did it.

I would've added a Skype list, but it takes 2 minutes to make a new Skype so it'd just be pointless. Pp and account names are sufficient enough.

Sythe does this as well. http://www.sythe.org/characters-level-4-99/1529731-list-accounts-not-purchase-click-report-recovered-accounts.html

For it to work properly, you could ask permission on sythe to include the above list as well. (And maybe check for similar lists on other websites)

Support, obviously.

Damn, that's a lot...