OSBot 2 Final ETA!

Laz

One of my favorite parts:

"If we are going to move towards more realistic estimates, we need to do a better job of anticipating the problems with our projects, and also need to be able to communicate up and down the food chain when the first hint of delay or feature creep hits."

I think this is especially true in this situation.

• Like 3

I don't see the big deal if it's not here yet. Yes it would be nice and @Laz and @Maxi should stop making promises that they can't keep, but it's a lot harder to make a client than most people realize. Their most likely putting their all into it and I would rather see OSBot 2 be a huge success than a pathetic excuse for a client.

always right!

im sure they just keep finding improvements that they didnt see before.

One of my favorite parts:

"If we are going to move towards more realistic estimates, we need to do a better job of anticipating the problems with our projects, and also need to be able to communicate up and down the food chain when the first hint of delay or feature creep hits."

I think this is especially true in this situation.

We can't expect much, after all, it's a business run buy a bunch of little kids.

These "little kids" could run circles around you based on programming capability, so I suggest you shut your whore mouth.

I never said they couldn't.

But these 'kids' have no business experience.  You can have the best product in the world, but if you don't know what you're doing when it comes to the business aspect, you may as well as shoot yourself in the foot.

So I suggest you shut your whore mouth and stop assuming things.

Edited by dreamliner
  • Like 1

I never said they couldn't.

But these 'kids' have no business experience.  You can have the best product in the world, but if you don't know what you're doing when it comes to the business aspect, you may as well as shoot yourself in the foot.

So I suggest you shut your whore mouth and stop assuming things.

That would be applicable in the real world, but your forgetting were online. You have no business experience in the online world what so ever.

You may think their doing a shitty job but evidently their doing something right if there's 4k people logging into the site everyday....

That would be applicable in the real world, but your forgetting were online. You have no business experience in the online world what so ever.

You may think their doing a shitty job but evidently their doing something right if there's 4k people logging into the site everyday....

That's where you're very, very, wrong.  A real world business is online.

Please, find me a million+ dollar business that isn't online.

I also think it's quite ironic that most IST fields are run by.. you guessed it, marketing and business majors. 

Why? Because they're educated to run a company/corporation the right way.  Do you really think Mark Zuckerberg makes executive decisions about facebook anymore? No way. He sits in a corner and write code like a smart person would.

A real company relies on strict deadlines and weekly, if not daily, updates to become and continue to be successful.

If you're in for a read, OSBot reminds me of this company quite a bit.

https://forums.butterflylabs.com/pre-sales-questions/4974-so-lets-take-look-history-some-delivery-dates-predictions-bfl.html

• Like 5

I also think it's quite ironic that most IST fields are run by.. you guessed it, marketing and business majors. 

Why? Because they're educated to run a company/corporation the right way.  Do you really think Mark Zuckerberg makes executive decisions about facebook anymore? No way. He sits in a corner and write code like a smart person would.

A real company relies on strict deadlines and weekly, if not daily, updates to become and continue to be successful.

https://forums.butterflylabs.com/pre-sales-questions/4974-so-lets-take-look-history-some-delivery-dates-predictions-bfl.html

Good one, actually hilarious! I relate... I lose.

• Like 1

23683-Ashton-Kutcher-burn-gif-95QB.gif

• Like 2