Mods and the Marketplace.

Smart

It has became aware to me that Moderators are not allowed to participate in anything regarding the marketplace. It kind of makes me upset though because some Moderators like "Rare" for instance have one of the best reputations in the marketplace. And now that I will not be able to do business with them anymore or at least let them MM my trade kind of makes me more worried.

I understand that this rule is to cover yourselves from a Moderator scamming but I think letting Moderators having the option to be involved in a place where trust is needed the most isn't that bad of an idea. Of course though this would mean Moderators having to be chosen wisely but isn't that supposed to be happening.

This suggestion wasn't meant to be mean or hurt.

Just thought I would put my imput out there, it is ok if you disagree.

Thanks for your consideration. Smart.

• Like 1

I honestly haven't seen much of it. There's usually like one BIG scam on a site that everyone remembers but that ends up being it. It's still a trade with caution. We could just advise to not do trades over a certain amount. Just to do increments. It's really simple to not get scammed. You can spot scammers easily too. Seriously...

If a moderator wants to scam, the restriction doesn't really matter because if they're going to scam, they don't care about the restriction. People will still trust moderators regardless of whether they are supposed to participate or not. I don't see the point. I support the OP.

Edited by Jason
  • Like 1

If that is the case (your staff is scamming), you might want to better choose your staff. There shouldn't be any reasons why staff cannot participate in the market as they should be some of the most trusted and reliable users on the website. Your staff are essentially the backbone of your site, and if you have a weak backbone, what will become of your project? I believe we should strongly reiterate that everyone can scam and proceeding in the market is at your own risk. That being said, why not allow staff to engage in the market? I'd much prefer a moderator as to someone brand new with no feedback telling me to go first and not use a MM.

• Like 2

If that is the case (your staff is scamming), you might want to better choose your staff. There shouldn't be any reasons why staff cannot participate in the market as they should be some of the most trusted and reliable users on the website. Your staff are essentially the backbone of your site, and if you have a weak backbone, what will become of your project? I believe we should strongly reiterate that everyone can scam and proceeding in the market is at your own risk. That being said, why not allow staff to engage in the market? I'd much prefer a moderator as to someone brand new with no feedback telling me to go first and not use a MM.

You have a valid point. However, don't forget that it is a really bad reputation for OSBot if a staff member scams.

But looking at the current staff, I would say they are all trusted. wink.png

It should stay like this until the site/market gets more devolped and the mods have been around for a longer time, and you can easily find the legit/active members and appoint them as moderator. 

So you're saying that the current moderators cannot participate like the rest of us? That doesn't seem logical nor fair to them as they're just like us but with some authority. Not allowing them to participate would not allow them to "become" legitimate or show their trust.

So you're saying that the current moderators cannot participate like the rest of us? That doesn't seem logical nor fair to them as they're just like us but with some authority. Not allowing them to participate would not allow them to "become" legitimate or show their trust.

I'm saying I see why the rule is in place, and it should stay in place for a few months or so. We're a fairly new community, so people could easily try to earn mod and scam out like that, and we should keep the rule in place for a bit longer to prevent that from happening.