OSBot Mods

Ambassador

...I've gone to a few threads that were soo prematurely closed.

Someone would ask a question and then a mod replies with a vague answer and locks the thread for any further discussion. How is the community suppose to develop if we can't explain how we feel about things.

Example 1:

http://osbot.org/forum/topic/2763-verified-graphic-shop-section/#entry27728

Why did Koy close this thread and just say It's not allowed atm. Why can't he allow people to explain why they think it's important or why it's not. He didn't explain why it's not allowed right now either. It also shows mods talking down to the community.

Example 2:

http://osbot.org/forum/topic/2727-xbox-one-a-new-generation-revealed/#entry27708

2YZC4.png

I got a warning for replying to someone else saying they can't wait to find out the cost of the xbox. Obviously you take your monitoring of a small community so serious jokes aren't allowed.

Example 3:

Not showing names. After I got warning I told some people and their responses were pretty close to each other.

2YZHv.png

I've heard a few times that staff selection is being done wrong. Where are the mod applications ? Are OSBot Admin's picking their friends?

TL;DR

Stop closing threads. Stop giving bullshit warnings. Stop giving positions to people that haven't earned it.

• Like 9

• Administrator

Your warning was unnecessary. You were replying to me with a joke, hence why i didn't warn you.

Koy is just going by the rules, but it was a suggestion. Therefore it should have stayed open. It wasn't asking for verification or any of the sort. Just suggesting it be allowed.  Maybe since it is a graphic section it could be verified. It is open to discussion. Until an Admin closes it. I agree with you there. We are not allowed to verify anything, therefore the shop can't be verified.

I am the new mod, I will not override anyone else decision at the moment, for the exact reason you just posted. I am the new guy i only have 88 posts, which who cares what my post count is, if I am not spamming it has no justification. I would never spam, nor would I ever try to boost my post count. I simply post where i feel the need. If they disabled the post counter, I  wouldn't care one bit.

This is a new forum, There are currently 5 Global Mods, 1 Super Mod. That is a good number at the moment. As the community is still growing. It will go up in number. I can assure you I will be here for the long hall. 

• Administrator

I agree with a few of those. I personally think mod's should be chosen partly based on the community's response, so Kati chooses 3 members or two to choose between she thinks is fit, and a poll decides the fate. :/

This is one way not to ever choose moderators. That is a staff decision, letting regular members have an input will just not go over well. Then it ends up being a popularity contest, who can buddy up with numerous people to get them to vote.  Also boils down to, do the current moderators do their job. If you have had a problem with me not doing my job. I will gladly hear you out. This is something you guys need to take up with Kati or post feedback.

I have respect for mods i support them in every  decisions.

Don't hate in place of hating go pm the person with problems(and alot of people don't even search before posting) and help them out

i really don't like such a people as you sorry.

1) Why respect someone in a decision that is CLEARLY false? Admins agreed with me on this and have since removed the warnings.

2) No. This is a community. We can discuss this in a civilised, mature and intelligent manner and that's what will improve this community. Bad staff in any community is a surefire way to really prevent the community from improving.

3) I don't like people who blindly follow others. That'd be you. Now, can we stop flaming? Thanks.

Edited by Gojira

Do not let this turn in to a spam war, or I will close it. As of now it is alright, I will delete the spam posts that have no on topic points. If you are arguing.

See? This is what this topic is made for. Mods that essentially silence the community.

Lighten up, people. It's a forum. Not prison.

I truly hope Kati and/or other admins will reconsider certain choices regarding GMod promotions.

I've seen other GMods express this as well.

Edited by Gojira
  • Like 1

1) Why respect someone in a decision that is CLEARLY false? Admins agreed with me on this and have since removed the warnings.

2) No. This is a community. We can discuss this in a civilised, mature and intelligent manner and that's what will improve this community. Bad staff in any community is a surefire way to really prevent the community from improving.

3) I don't like people who blindly follow others. That'd be you. Now, can we stop flaming? Thanks.

thanks for your feedback really appreciated it.

I don't  blindly follow i just find this should be a discuss under (owner-admins-mods-victims)

i would never do such a thing to make someone look bad, and yes maybe he did some things 

admin/owner should discuss to warn/demote mod.

Edited by wildyrome

• Administrator

See? This is what this topic is made for. Mods that essentially silence the community.

Lighten up, people. It's a forum. Not prison.

I truly hope Kati and/or other admins will reconsider certain choices regarding GMod promotions.

I've seen other GMods express this as well.

Silencing the community, and obeying the rules are two different things. If you can't go a few posts without breaking the rules, then that is your own fault. In no way did i say "don't post" I said stay on topic. The OP said somethings, if you stray off topic, like a few have. I will delete the post. If it continues, I will warn the person.