OSBot 2.0 New ETA & Backwards Compatibility Info

Laz

If the case is OSBot 1 scripts to work with OSBot v2 then I don't see why we have to wait 1 more month for OSBot 2, there's really no pressure on the scripters to get it update to OSBot v2 if everyone is working fine.

OSBot 2 is too immature for a public release at the current moment. We're still integrating the SDN with it and the emulator has JUST begun development. There's also still some bugs with the new async script engine and we still need to document some of the API.

Could you possibly release some more information about the new script engine and a sample script possibly?

Hello community.

Unfortunately we have missed the ETA for the private BETA for scripters which was December 1st, but I was caught up with my studies and the rest of the development team has been focusing on the SDN and maintaining OSBot 1.

We've decided that instead of having a private BETA for the month of December, we will allow our scripters to enjoy their holidays and simply release the entire bot by the first week of January to the public. Since OSBot 2.0 will feature an OSBot 1 script emulator upon the public release, it will be a fully functioning bot with ALL the scripts you've already purchased and/or added to OSBot 1. The transition from OSBot 1 to 2 will be extremely transparent to the community. Although OSBot 1 scripts will not enjoy ALL the new benefits of the upcoming script engine, you should still expect better reliability and performance, both memory and CPU wise.

Although the support of OSBot 1 scripts will be available for OSBot 2, upon the release of the newest API we will start discouraging any development of new scripts for OSBot 1. Despite this, in reality, scripters will not NEED to learn the new API. Because of this, we have justified our new API which although may seem complicated to novice programmers at first, is much more abstract and organized as well as being smarter.

tl;dr: The new ETA for the PUBLIC beta of OSBot 2 is the first week of January.

Thanks!

Sincerely,

Laz and the OSBot Team.

All jokes aside, I can't wait for Osbot 2. I just wish you guys could at least once meet a deadline that YOU all set yourself. But I understand...