Randoms BETA upcoming

Maxi

• Developer

Dear community,

I have been working on random events all weekend and last week, with the help of several other script developers. I want to thank XavierM for his contributions. So far, I have most NPC based random events (so excluding pickaxe and hatchet heads breaking / getting lost), except for like 5 of them. However, these are not all tested and most of them probably do have bugs in them.

Before everyone starts ranting that now when we will finally have randoms, they don't all work properly, I want to create this thread to raise awareness. The randoms will be released tomorrow or tuesday, and like I said most of them will be largely untested or only partially tested and have use cases that are not handled properly.

We will add debugs to the random events, and if you encounter a broken random, we would like to have the output of your console so we can analyze where things did go wrong. It's either this, or another week of testing the randoms ourselves internally, but we think with your help we will be able to get all randoms working properly much faster!

The current list of added randoms that are written are (green are tested and worked although don't guarantee to be a 100% succesful, orange are either untested or not completely functional yet):

• Bank (both pin and pending pin)
  • Drill Demon
  • Evil Chicken (behaviour needs to be overridden in the random manager)
  • Experience rewards, i.e. Genie Lamp and Book of Knowledge
  • Freaky Forester
  • Frog Queen
  • Lost and Found (teleportation random)
  • Miles
  • Giles
  • Niles
  • Mime
  • Pillory Cage
  • Pinball
  • Prison Pete
  • Quiz
  • Sandwich lady
  • Strange Box
  • Security Book
  • Talkers:
  • Rick Turpentine
  • Dr Jekyll
  • Mysterious Old Man
  • Drunken Dwarf
  • Security Guard
  • Cap 'n Hand

So we are still missing a couple, for example the Surprise Exam is half done, Molly is not working entirely as it should and we have not encountered the Grave Digger so far. We will be deploying the patch with randoms build in tomorrow or tuesday, based on our real life duties.

Stay tuned!

OSBot.org

• Like 2