Interesting ban, even after fully bypassing all potential low level checks. (Potentially useful findings)

asdttt

Decided to come back to OSRS botting after getting bored. Wanted to see if I could bypass the anti-bot by going to the maximum. So I did a simple task, alching, for a whole week straight 20/h with only like 1 hour breaks lmao. Difference this time is I wanted to make it IMPOSSIBLE to detect me outside of pattern detection

Managed to make it 1-2 WEEKS, going nearly 20 hours a day, and getting all the way to 98 magic before getting 1 day banned for "Bot busting".  Strangely enough I was banned for "Illegal 3rd party software" which leads me to believe I was flagged from weeks ago when I first used OSBot on the account.

Edit: Didn't say 24/h a day due to having to buy from the grand exchange, and occasionally getting auto-logged out and not instantly re-logging

Couples of important notes

1. Macros, fake mouse, sendInput - all easily detected by modern anti-cheats. Therefor I used a custom HID device that I programmed the script directly into and hid the driver to appear as a Logitech mouse.
  2. Obviously used delays between mouse click/release on the HID device to mimic a normal user
  3. Random delays, although not too long so the aching was still very efficient
  4. Random small breaks (Just like 1-10 seconds without logging in) every 10-20 minutes
  5. Random seeding, at random intervals. Seeds were taken from the digital analog signal on the HID/COM device i used, best way to get a random integer given the limited OS. This was to prevent seed bruteforcing
  6. Was actually using RUNELITE because the vanilla client is garbage. Might of contributed to the ban?
  7. Was logically similar/same to my own pattern timings, based on raw data (Not assumption)
  8. The account, weeks ago, had used my own private combat scripts to train strength/defense/attack
  9. I have never been banned using my custom scripts + breaks/questing after 3 hours (Unless intentionally trying to get banned to test)
  10. NO BOT software was installed on this computer. Fresh installation of Windows 10
  11. Was not banned for macros, but rather "Bot bust" - which is commonly applied to AUTOCLICKER related bans

Why?

I was interested to see whether it was possible to fully bypass at STUPID large time-spans that are physically impossible for a human to do. I assumed that MAYBE Jagex deploys further anti-cheat after reaching a certain gameplay time (Based on pattern recognition thresholds) which would seek to verify whether the suspected botter is using a real mouse (Whether input comes from a physical HID device rather then API), or whether they're using an illegal client such as OSBot. Since I was both using an approved client, and a physical HID device, my theory was the anti-bot would not ban my account due to insufficient proof.

What does this mean to botting?

It further questions the popular theory of whether Jagex is actually doing these HID/Client checks at all. Is it possible that they DO still do these checks, but only to increase the ban rate or ban offense? IMO, from testing, that's most likely the case..

Secondly, it further emphasizes the importance of taking BREAKS! Time appears to be one of the LARGEST factors when botting. Even when completely bypassing all possible pattern detection, or low level detection, I STILL managed to get banned based on my improbable play time - and obviously the succession of my alching may of lead to this. Although I myself, and many others in the past have used beats-per-minute timings to get perfect alching. Human improbability is what I imagine this detection tier is based on

Lastly, and possibly the most important, it is possible that my previous botting (IE using OSBot, an illegal client), left a flag on my account and Jagex was only waiting for me to overplay on the account to ban it.

Now my plan is to train another account with only vanilla and my HID device scripts. That will prove whether my account was previously flagged for the small amount of botting, or if Jagex banned me based solely on the fact I botted for far too many hours to be deemed as "natural". Hope this information was useful for some people, or at least prevents you from doing this same thing lol

TL;DR: Temp banned even though I used a physical HID device and a Jagex approved client (Runelite) with zero software

Edited by asdttt

14 hours ago, asdttt said:

I've seen that before on reddit, but never believe them. Have you personally experienced a false detection? I've never seen a day ban before, so it's possibly the detection wasn't absolute

Have had it happen a few times, only happened when using their official client too. Appeal went through nearly instant every time with I think you made a mistake. They were all accepted and the accounts were unbanned.