Slow interaction using Mirror mode/New Hardware Mouse with VMWARE

Shmeekz

Hello Botters,

I've set up a Virtual Machine to use the new mouse/hardware mouse in conjunction with Mirror Mode.

I've increased the core for the VM to use to increase resources used.

However, I am still experiencing very slow interaction from different scripts. While using it on my actual PC, it's as smooth as it can be.

My question is, how much resource does this actually require or what certain set up should my virtual machine be configured to?

Thanks!

As eluded to by @EvilCabbage the RAM is likely your limiting factor here.

The client is currently is allowed to use a maximum of 1/4 of the RAM in the PC (or in this case VM).

So ideally for a VM to run you'd want to allocate 4GB to the VM, this gives 3GB to the operating system (which is plenty) and 1GB to the client

• Like 1

Ive assigned 4GB to this virtual machine when I increased the core to 4. Is there anything else I might be missing?

Nothing is running right now and this is what my resource usage looks like on my VM

ad2004384fcfbb50fd49ff3225b3741a.png

I'll try to increase it to 6GB and if its still slow maybe 8GB, but if there are any other suggestion, I would love to hear it

Edited by Shmeekz

Just want to double check that on the VM you also set Mirror mode to have reaction speed of 50ms?

EDIT: can you be a little bit more precise on "slow interaction". Does the entire client lag? Or is it the script itself is reacting to events in game slower?

If its the client itself is lagging then its a system resource issue. If its reacting slowly to ingame events then its like the reaction time being at 1000ms default

Edited by RoundBox

2 hours ago, RoundBox said:

Just want to double check that on the VM you also set Mirror mode to have reaction speed of 50ms?

EDIT: can you be a little bit more precise on "slow interaction". Does the entire client lag? Or is it the script itself is reacting to events in game slower?

If its the client itself is lagging then its a system resource issue. If its reacting slowly to ingame events then its like the reaction time being at 1000ms default

So I actually lowered the reaction time to 50ms, the client is a tiny bit lagging

I a good scenario is

When running Khal's mort myre on my main PC, it'll be able to collect all 3 shrooms if it spawns 3 shrooms per bloom

While on the VM, if it spawns 3 shrooms, picking them up was taking such a long time and in the end, missing the 3rd one (it despawns before it gets to it)

1 hour ago, Shmeekz said:

When running Khal's mort myre on my main PC, it'll be able to collect all 3 shrooms if it spawns 3 shrooms per bloom

While on the VM, if it spawns 3 shrooms, picking them up was taking such a long time and in the end, missing the 3rd one (it despawns before it gets to it)

Yeah that's pretty slow wtf. Have you tried using a different VM software? I personally have used Virtual box because that's just what came up in google when I searched for a vm. With 2 cores and 3-4 gb's allocated I never had it be slow like that.

1 hour ago, Shmeekz said:

So I actually lowered the reaction time to 50ms, the client is a tiny bit lagging

I a good scenario is

That is a really unusual error. as @GunmanSuggested. maybe try a different VM software.

What are you currently using atm?