I Haven't Bot Since 2011 - Catch Me Up?

AnonymousAuto

What has changed since 2011 in the botting scene? (I just made an account on OSRS this week).

How hardcore is Jagex against the bots these days? I made an account this week to be my "main" on OSRS - how bad of an idea is it these days to bot on a main account? A lot higher chance of ban since the 2010 days?

It seems there's a lot of botting clients/communities out there - How does one choose? 

Edited by AnonymousAuto

10 minutes ago, AnonymousAuto said:

What has changed since 2011 in the botting scene? (I just made an account on OSRS this week).

How hardcore is Jagex against the bots these days? I made an account this week to be my "main" on OSRS - how bad of an idea is it these days to bot on a main account? A lot higher chance of ban since the 2010 days?

It seems there's a lot of botting clients/communities out there - How does one choose? 

Get VIP and bot mirrored mode on you will get smacked pretty quick also bans are pretty insane these days.
Also take a read of this: https://osbot.org/forum/topic/124429-preventing-rs-botting-bans-v3/

If you're going to try and make a thing of it you're going to have to find private methods and invest in your own private script.

If you're looking for a slayer bot checkout Ultimate Slayer by @Juggles and @Malcolm

Osbot is best. Ban rates are very high compared to 2010. If you want a main you can try to bot it, like 80% botting and 20% at maximum playing yourself so it would not be sad to lose progress eventually. And the questions is not if you get banned, but when. So if you get some success on botting and want a account to play on you will need to stop botting eventually :) Also other case would be to bot until you get banned and hope that its 2-day ban and not perma ban, after that you would have a account you can use.

F2p is highly monitored, Accounts being botted straight from tutorial island tend to get banned really fast in f2p. 

A few tips which I do to prevent bans from happening.

Do tutorial island legit (Obviously.), Switch up the methods every couple of hours if you bot woodcutting for an hour then go to something like combat then it's a bit safer. Do some hand training at times (I know why do hand training when you can bot) I don't do hand training for long maybe about 30 minutes to 1 hour a day. I also always hand do my quest's and not bot them.