Give Mods a TRIAL Before Making Them Mods With Full Mod Power?

Mackadizzle

42 members have voted

1. 1. Should Mods be put through a 1-2 week trial and judged by the community before they're actually allowed to be mods?

• Yes
    • No

I think mods should be given a trial, without full mod power, but basically the same. Just test them out, see how they would do if they were given all that power

I could see the trial working like this - Theyll be labeled as a training moderator, and every action they make, whether its locking threads, banning, hiding posts/thread, must be reviewed by an actual moderator or admin before it actually happens.

This mod will be judged by the community, other mods, and admins at the end of the trial period

This wil stop everyone from bitching about new mods and current mods, who haven't seemed to even earn the position in the eyes of the community in the first place

Edited by Mackadizzle

Or, give them full mod, and if they don't do well, take it away.

That causes problems, by giving people power who aren't really qualified to have it. It pisses people off

This isn't directed towards you btw lol, i dont really have an opinion about you as a mod. Im just basing this idea off of all the people bitching about new mods

Edited by Mackadizzle

That causes problems, by giving people power who aren't really qualified to have it. It pisses people off

What powers would trial mods get that they wouldn't have until global mod?

& the point of getting new mods is to take the load off of the other mods, so an approval system for all the trial mods actions would just give the current mods even more work.

At that point, might as well just not promote anyone and just have everyone use the report system.

What powers would trial mods get that they wouldn't have until global mod?

& the point of getting new mods is to take the load off of the other mods, so an approval system for all the trial mods actions would just give the current mods even more work.

At that point, might as well just not promote anyone and just have everyone use the report system.

It'd be a bit of extra work placed on the current mods, but with the goal of bringing new, qualified mods that will eventually be better off for the community (its only a week or 2 of babysitting a trial mod, for a "lifetime" of having a new mod). Im sure if this was the case, you'd hear A LOT less complaining about power abuse on this site 

Why do people make such a big deal out of it? Lol I don't see the point. If they went straight to super mod that'd be different.

idk, it hasn't affected me personally lol but im tired of hearing all the bitching about new mods giving warning points or 1 day bans or whatever idk whatever global mods do. Point is i hear alot of bitching that can be avoided 

I think that it's completely fine for them to instantly recruit mods, and like Mikasa said, they can take it away if they deem it fit.

The problem is, for moderators to be checked up on/kept in line.. and removed if need be.. We require fucking active, useful admins.

I don't think the problem lies with the moderators in this case, regardless of whether or not they're actually abusing power. This is something that (if it's actually occurring, I don't necessarily believe it honestly... I think in this case "abuse of power" translates into "I was a complete dildo and now my butt hurts at my warning points") the admins have to address. Not the community.

P.S. If we gave the petty, ignorant community an opportunity at deciding who keeps their power, it would just be a big popularity contest. No mod is going to make everyone happy, there will always be that kid in the crowd who can't get over that one post from months ago and holds a grudge, you know what I mean?

• Like 1

Someone getting mod isn't a procedure taken lightly at all.

I'm sure anyone who gets mod is well deserving of it if the other staff thinks so.

I see no reason to limit them at all.

Let them be a mod, they can learn as they go, and when in doubt they can ask someone more experienced first before swinging their big epeen around.

I'm a member of various forums and I've never seen it done this way either, I think it's fine as is.

I think that it's completely fine for them to instantly recruit mods, and like Mikasa said, they can take it away if they deem it fit.

The problem is, for moderators to be checked up on/kept in line.. and removed if need be.. We require fucking active, useful admins.

I don't think the problem lies with the moderators in this case, regardless of whether or not they're actually abusing power. This is something that (if it's actually occurring, I don't necessarily believe it honestly... I think in this case "abuse of power" translates into "I was a complete dildo and now my butt hurts at my warning points") the admins have to address. Not the community.

P.S. If we gave the petty, ignorant community an opportunity at deciding who keeps their power, it would just be a big popularity contest. No mod is going to make everyone happy, there will always be that kid in the crowd who can't get over that one post from months ago and holds a grudge, you know what I mean?

Yeah i get what you mean, but the communities voice wouldn't be the main factor. It'd be a mix of Admins, other mods, and the community. The admins will promote anyone who they believe is beneficial to their site, whether the community agrees or not. The super mods and global mods will be able to judge this trial mod when the admins aren't always active (theyre usually not).

Edited by Mackadizzle

Someone getting mod isn't a procedure taken lightly at all.

I'm sure anyone who gets mod is well deserving of it if the other staff thinks so.

I see no reason to limit them at all.

Let them be a mod, they can learn as they go, and when in doubt they can ask someone more experienced first before swinging their big epeen around.

I'm a member of various forums and I've never seen it done this way either, I think it's fine as is.

Could you have said that differently lmfao

• Like 1