Overclocking CPU for botting

atakitto007

Have anyone tried overclocking their cpu's to run more bots or to increase performance overall?

I've tried stock ryzen 5 2600 3.75ghz max 55C and i can run max 10 bots with p****bot, then i tried overclocking and reached stable all core 4.15ghz max 65C still 10 bots max.

My single core performance went from stock 170 in cibebench r15 to 200points.

If anyone have some thoughts about this i'd be glad to hear them.

26 minutes ago, atakitto007 said:

Have anyone tried overclocking their cpu's to run more bots or to increase performance overall?

I've tried stock ryzen 5 2600 3.75ghz max 55C and i can run max 10 bots with p****bot, then i tried overclocking and reached stable all core 4.15ghz max 65C still 10 bots max.

My single core performance went from stock 170 in cibebench r15 to 200points.

If anyone have some thoughts about this i'd be glad to hear them.

Probably wasn't an increase because you need more cores. I know running low cpu mode and shit I can run 20 bots and they will only use like 30-35% or so.
EDIT: Same cpu btw.

Edited by Gunman

I'd suggest running all of your clients on low CPU mode.  Keep in mind that bot clients are very demanding in memory (Approx. 1gb per client), have you tried trouble shooting via "task manager -> Performance" to see where your bottle neck is?  

I run a Core i7 4770 CPU 3.4 GHz with 32 gb of Ram that can run ~20 clients without any major latency. 

As far as overclocking CPU goes, I wouldn't suggest doing this long term.  That is, if you plan on keeping the longevity of your CPU alive. 

36 minutes ago, splatbug said:

I'd suggest running all of your clients on low CPU mode.  Keep in mind that bot clients are very demanding in memory (Approx. 1gb per client), have you tried trouble shooting via "task manager -> Performance" to see where your bottle neck is?  

I run a Core i7 4770 CPU 3.4 GHz with 32 gb of Ram that can run ~20 clients without any major latency. 

As far as overclocking CPU goes, I wouldn't suggest doing this long term.  That is, if you plan on keeping the longevity of your CPU alive. 

Most of my clients use about 10% cpu and around 900mb ram, i have 32gb 3400mhz

6 minutes ago, atakitto007 said:

Most of my clients use about 10% cpu and around 900mb ram, i have 32gb 3400mhz

10% CPU usage at 3400mhz with low CPU turned on?  That seems very high..  I'm am not very familiar with PB's client, but with OSbot you can turn those features on via the settings page.  It makes a world of a difference when CPU power is the bottleneck.  

I would suggest closing all applications on your PC and running some tests for the purpose of trouble shooting with PB client and OSbot client with "low CPU" on and off.  That'll give you a better idea of what consumption you should expect. 

If the issue persists, it may be worth while investing in a VPN to run a larger scale farm.  

3 hours ago, atakitto007 said:

p****bot doesnt have "low cpu mode" and all of my running accounts has graphics enabled since im kinda babysitting them

We don't provide support for that bot here... the users responding are talking about our bot. Please only discuss/ask for help with the bot OSBot on these forums please. We have rules against discussing other bots on the forums. I recommend trying to bot with OSBot's Low CPU mode like users suggested and see how your PC handles it.