AeroCows - First Script

aerodude30

1 hour ago, aerodude30 said:

Hey everyone,

heres my first script. There was no combat script I could find which fought cows and banked their hides so I made one. Lemme know your thoughts I'd like to get this on the SDN

https://github.com/cbartram/AeroCows

Excellent job, love seeing professionalism especially in regard to scripting - open source (check), readme.md file (check) and the license (check) :D 

• Like 2

Looking good!

In your AttackCow code, you're finding a suitable cow on the activate method and on the execute method. Perhaps create a cow variable up top and reuse the same cow? Also, you could filter out any cows that are being attacked by other players:

private boolean isCow(NPC npc) {
	return npc.getName().equals("Cow")
		&& npc.getAnimation() != Cow.DYING.getAnimation()
		&& (ctx.myPlayer().equals(npc.getInteracting()) || npc.getInteracting() == null); // So either we're the dude the cow's focused on OR the cow's not focused on anybody right now
}

NPC cow = ctx.getNpcs().singleFilter(ctx.getNpcs().getAll(), (Filter<NPC>) this::isCow);

Also, you could make your Task a little easier to use by having it extend MethodProvider and then exchanging the context. You can find it under the MethodProvider section here:

Edited by liverare
  • Like 1

I looked quickly but just 2 quick comments:

Your task class could extend methodProvider instead of passing the reference throughout all the sub-classes. 

Your util to grab the cost of an item is probably costly (guessing a second or so). There's a json api that lets you grab the costs - https://osbot.org/forum/topic/146793-ge-data/