Running multiple CLI bots fast

Kramnik

Hi guys,

The problem is that I want to run multiple CLI bots fast, without copying and pasting etc. I do use Explvs bot manager and it's awesome, but it has some minor flaws. The thing is that you have to add every single bot line manually and preparing info in excel with some smart functions is way faster, however starting them is the problem. Maybe the faster approach would be to create somesort of excel macros command for excel to save all lines as .bat to be able to run them with one click, but then I dont know how to resolve timing idea between them because if you run them to fast most of them get stuck. Any ideas? :) 

3 minutes ago, Kramnik said:

Hi guys,

The problem is that I want to run multiple CLI bots fast, without copying and pasting etc. I do use Explvs bot manager and it's awesome, but it has some minor flaws. The thing is that you have to add every single bot line manually and preparing info in excel with some smart functions is way faster, however starting them is the problem. Maybe the faster approach would be to create somesort of excel macros command for excel to save all lines as .bat to be able to run them with one click, but then I dont know how to resolve timing idea between them because if you run them to fast most of them get stuck. Any ideas? :) 

Maybe make a database with all the accounts in & make a program to get all the accounts out of that database that aren't banned or something like that :)

16 minutes ago, Hybris said:

Maybe make a database with all the accounts in & make a program to get all the accounts out of that database that aren't banned or something like that :)

"Make a program" this part would be a problem :D Would need function of checking if banned or no, or etc. just a way to start them with 5 second pause between runs to make it smooth otherwise I would just have to open .bat file every 5s myself

38 minutes ago, zwaffel said:

You can add a sleep in a bat file.

timeout /t 5

This should sleep for 5seconds.

So let's say I want to run 5 bots with one click, so I would need to prepare my cmd files like this?

BOT 1

java -jar "osbot 2.X.X.jar" -debug 5005

BOT 2

timeout /t 5

java -jar "osbot 2.X.X.jar" -debug 5006

BOT 3

time out /t 10

java -jar "osbot 2.X.X.jar" -debug 5007

etc.

44 minutes ago, Kramnik said:

So let's say I want to run 5 bots with one click, so I would need to prepare my cmd files like this?

BOT 1

java -jar "osbot 2.X.X.jar" -debug 5005

BOT 2

timeout /t 5

java -jar "osbot 2.X.X.jar" -debug 5006

BOT 3

time out /t 10

java -jar "osbot 2.X.X.jar" -debug 5007

etc.

I think you just add time out /t 5 between the lines instead of going up

Edited by Hybris
  • Heart 1

3 hours ago, Hybris said:

I think you just add time out /t 5 between the lines instead of going up

Oh so you mean having only one chuck of code in one file that launches all instead of my idea of single .bat file for one bot, seems rational :D Anyway, you tip is awesome, will dig into it and start testing how it works. Thank you, mister!

Yeh just add timeout between the lines. One more thing, you have to remove the debug parameter because it will use your cli window.

Edit: If you want to start multiple with debug enabled you can make a bat files that calls the other bat files.

start call bot1.bat

timeout /t 5

start call bot2.bat

start makes it run in a new window and call "calls" the new file.

Edited by zwaffel