Lets have an intelligent discussion.

phiercee1

Probably won't be but lets see how it goes.  So I wanted to figure out everyones success and failures so far with SI and MM.

What do you mainly use and what have you bans been like with both?  Ill go first.

Personally I use mirror mode because I pay for VIP so I figured id use a service less people are using.  (SI client is free) 

Ive started with SI and gotten banned a few times on there not Botting a whole lot but enough hours to where some could happen.  On MM I experience bans still but not as frequent as SI.  Thoughts? 

Some bots don't quite respond the same way on MM. You gotta be careful. I think back in the day fruity zulrah kept crashing an walking into a wall followed with standing there at lumby for 8hours ended up ripping account cuz of it.

Just a wee note for ya :D 

• Like 1

Stealth injection is best for mass botting farms. Mirror mode is more of a long term casually botting. Which doing the same hours/breaks and roughly the same steps taking on both accounts, one SI , one MM. The stealth injection lasted 2 weeks botted 6 hours week days and 8 hours weekends. The MM accounts lasted a month after I botted a few days in a row of high ban rated spots and scripts.

• Like 2

55 minutes ago, Imthabawse said:

I've been using Stealth Injection for years have gotten 2-day bans before but been botting my Main acc in moderation for quite some time mixed in with real play cause I still enjoy actually playing the game and no ban yet on it (Knock on wood).

You jinx'd it. rip

• Sad 2

10 hours ago, place2bet said:

Some bots don't quite respond the same way on MM. You gotta be careful. I think back in the day fruity zulrah kept crashing an walking into a wall followed with standing there at lumby for 8hours ended up ripping account cuz of it.

Just a wee note for ya :D 

I recently noticed this.  I was thieving and my character was super stuck when I came back to check on em.  I now make sure I read the fine print on scripts before I start running them! 

1 hour ago, Tesh said:

Ive mostly use SI so far, and recently got 8 accounts chain banned. Starting to use MM and so far no bans.

Ive also had something similar happen to me.  Were you by chance botting all the acc back to back to back?

6 hours ago, phiercee1 said:

I recently noticed this.  I was thieving and my character was super stuck when I came back to check on em.  I now make sure I read the fine print on scripts before I start running them! 

Ive also had something similar happen to me.  Were you by chance botting all the acc back to back to back?

I was yeah, I was making bank off that bot farm. Can't be assed making 8 more accounts with the stats they need. So im going back to casual MM botting, see how far I can get an account.

Edited by Tesh

On 4/27/2019 at 6:56 PM, Silver Knight said:

You jinx'd it. rip

Account temporarily banned for macroing in OldSchool. Our macro detection system has been monitoring your account closely and has detected that you are using illegal 3rd party software which violates the rules of the game and breaches your terms of service with Jagex. Our team have reviewed the evidence and can confirm that you were using illegal botting software. Jagex are able to accurately detect all illegal 3rd party software and any promises from their makers about being 'totally undetectable' or 'no ban guaranteed' are inaccurate. As such your account has been temporarily removed from the game. Please take this time to familiarise yourself with the rules.

Good game sir LOL you called it.

Only a 2-day though. 

• Sad 1

It's pretty obvious that scripts are easily detected when they run on injection. A lot of the same scripts that get me banned in injection work for months on reflection, this is uniform across all botting clients not just OSBot. That said, there is no guarantee. I've been banned using Mirror while Thieving and Mining. I will say OSBot has some of the best training scripts that are worth using regardless of method.

Frankly, we could use something better to revitalize botting, maybe some clever mix of both could work well, combining the protection of Reflection with the precision of Injection. I'm no programmer, but I remember recalling a quote from a famous bot developer a while back. Basically Jagex would be out of their depth if bot developers really tried. Reflection is a step in the right direction, but there has to be something better.

Edited by caketeaparty

12 hours ago, caketeaparty said:

It's pretty obvious that scripts are easily detected when they run on injection. A lot of the same scripts that get me banned in injection work for months on reflection, this is uniform across all botting clients not just OSBot. That said, there is no guarantee. I've been banned using Mirror while Thieving and Mining. I will say OSBot has some of the best training scripts that are worth using regardless of method.

Frankly, we could use something better to revitalize botting, maybe some clever mix of both could work well, combining the protection of Reflection with the precision of Injection. I'm no programmer, but I remember recalling a quote from a famous bot developer a while back. Basically Jagex would be out of their depth if bot developers really tried. Reflection is a step in the right direction, but there has to be something better.

Reflection == Stealth Injection. There's two "debug" checks inside OSRS's jar I've located. One, a classchecker that Jagex's server can request to check any class at anytime. The other, a garbage collector timings collector that jagex can once again request at any time. Wouldn't be difficult to differentiate OSBot from an official client using just basic garbage collection timings due to the increase in permGen, shortLived memory, and overall collection timings from the bot client + scripts. I personally don't think there's any difference between using mirror mode and stealth injection in terms of detecting based on the client it's self. Using stealth injection may lead to a faster ban due to them being able to, in theory, tell you are not using an official client from debug results, but you wouldn't be banned based on using the client it's self. 

Edited by asdttt

2 hours ago, asdttt said:

Reflection == Stealth Injection. There's two "debug" checks inside OSRS's jar I've located. One, a classchecker that Jagex's server can request to check any class at anytime. The other, a garbage collector timings collector that jagex can once again request at any time. Wouldn't be difficult to differentiate OSBot from an official client using just basic garbage collection timings due to the increase in permGen, shortLived memory, and overall collection timings from the bot client + scripts. I personally don't think there's any difference between using mirror mode and stealth injection in terms of detecting based on the client it's self. Using stealth injection may lead to a faster ban due to them being able to, in theory, tell you are not using an official client from debug results, but you wouldn't be banned based on using the client it's self. 

I'm not sure that assertion is completely true (Reflection == Stealth Injection). I mean, I have a 100% ban rate on Injection (ban comes within 1 to 10 days), whereas I get a ~3% ban rate botting on reflection, and this isn't unique to me. Others have reported similar results. There's something they're catching on Injection that's flying under the radar on Mirror. You're right that they don't ban simply for using a bot client, I've tested that too. It's only when I run a script on injection that a ban comes. Even running a script on injection accidentally for 1 minute resulted in a ban the next day for me before.

25 minutes ago, caketeaparty said:

I'm not sure that assertion is completely true (Reflection == Stealth Injection). I mean, I have a 100% ban rate on Injection (ban comes within 1 to 10 days), whereas I get a ~3% ban rate botting on reflection, and this isn't unique to me. Others have reported similar results. There's something they're catching on Injection that's flying under the radar on Mirror. You're right that they don't ban simply for using a bot client, I've tested that too. It's only when I run a script on injection that a ban comes. Even running a script on injection accidentally for 1 minute resulted in a ban the next day for me before.

Injection uses reflection. Reflection is just API that allows you modify the behavior of methods, classes, ect at runtime. And idk what you're doing to get banned that fast. I bot 6 hours a day on my main training various stats, even mining, and I've yet to be banned. 

The client check most likely is a result of already being flagged as a bot, or assumed as a bot. It might add to the % a user is a bot. I'd go as far as saying if they detect you're using the official client (mirror mode), the ban requirements are slightly raised.