How much safer are Premium Scripts vs Private/Personal? Antiban/Anti pattern

CsharpBestLang

2 hours ago, Chris said:

Speak for yourself. I have REAL ANTIBAN in my scripts a.k.a fatigue systems, etc.

I am sure I can already guess the answer to this. 

But, how significant of a difference are you seeing when adding these "protective" features? Do you have any other scripts to compare it to or an older version that you noticed having reduced bans?

Also, I assume for the fatigue system you have it scale off for more delays and more misclicks as time goes on?

2 minutes ago, CsharpBestLang said:

I am sure I can already guess the answer to this. 

But, how significant of a difference are you seeing when adding these "protective" features? Do you have any other scripts to compare it to or an older version that you noticed having reduced bans?

Also, I assume for the fatigue system you have it scale off for more delays and more misclicks as time goes on?

I'm guessing the difference is marginal. You will still be detected easily via your client interactions etc.

On 4/6/2019 at 11:49 AM, CsharpBestLang said:

So I spent a lot of time reading different topics and threads and getting my environment setup.

Couple questions popped in my mind.

NOTE: I want to preface this with that I am fully aware botting will get you ban and there is no 100% safe way of doing it.

1. Public Free vs Public Premium vs Private/Personal scripts.

If you were to release the same script private/personal -> public Premium  -> public Free (theoretically of course)  would the private/personal iteration technically survive the longest since the sample size would be too small for Jagex to pick up on (this is under the assumption that jagex uses an algorithm to detect botters it doesn't manually/player report ban)

2. Antiban/Pattern

I see this is a hot topic, I am not too familiar on anti-pattern so my take is mostly on antiban, in the context of the previous question if you where to customize your script further to add in more inconsistencies, would this not compound onto a further delay in Jagex's algorithm picking up on linear actions?

I am curious to see other developers/scripters take on this. 

If Jagex does collect data based on consistencies in players actions and matching them and in a sense creating "sets"  I would assume both of the above compounded would help slow down the process of detection with your own script. Obviously theoretically a pattern would be found eventually but, if the sample pool is too small and somewhat "erratic" (this is comparing it to straight zooming through mouse clicking same pixels every time vs pseudo-random algorithm queuing actions in between your skill actions) especially if you think about queuing the "random" actions to the system clock seed.

Closing statement:

I believe bans consist of, client detection from straight injections as most people are seeing the difference between the 2 "modes" of botting. Obviously player reports and physical monitoring of the player and finally the most frightening in my opinion an algorithm/machine learning implementation that takes in pools of data and then flags base off whatever arbitrary attributes they set. Concluding my thoughts that smaller sample sizes with "erratic" behavior based on a pseudo-random generated algorithm with seeds based on system time (or something more reliant I would need to look further into this)  which would randomize in between actions would lead to a significant delay in automated detection.

Hopefully, I didn't ramble on too long and I hope this can cultivate a good conversation and discussion.

P.S. I'll try to edit this in the morning (afternoon? depending on when I wake up as it's late/early so I am sure my grammar is piss poor)

do you ever do what the anti ban does? cos i dont as all the info you get from doing that can be seen to the right off my screen on runelight and even when i didnt use runelight and played way to much i never did anti ban stuff it just not normal for some to look at random exp or quests or even the map  at random points

3 hours ago, Chris said:

Speak for yourself. I have REAL ANTIBAN in my scripts a.k.a fatigue systems, etc.

"Most "Antiban" is useless/fake and does nothing to even help prevent a ban."

I believe something such as a fatigue system could work if implemented correctly. I was just pointing out that MOST "antiban" features are useless and are often used to help sell a script. Simple things like checking quest points/checking woodcutting xp will not help to reduce bans.

• Boge 1

2 hours ago, manko said:

do you ever do what the anti ban does? cos i dont as all the info you get from doing that can be seen to the right off my screen on runelight and even when i didnt use runelight and played way to much i never did anti ban stuff it just not normal for some to look at random exp or quests or even the map  at random points

Yes and no. I guess I am pretty old school when doing certain things even though I use a lot of runelites plugins.

The idea I am trying to state is not to create the same random "randomness-actions". Rather I am stating that you could create a large pool of different actions based on the individual client/character botting.

Just like normal players all do things differently, some check their exp constantly and stop some check only a few skills and the rest they just autopilot while watching netflix. Some check both runelite and OSRS when old muscle memory kicks in. Some won't do any of that and will constantly have their mouse off screen. This can go on and on. In theory, you could implement something to give each instance a unique ID based off XYZ parameters etc etc more details blah blah. From there it would create a "profile" of "common habits" your unique id specifically does with deviations among each ID. Some a lot different from others. Hell you could have some dumb asses who like to randomly make their mouse go in a circle across their screen while waiting for an animation/actions to finish (me for example). As mentioned earlier by another member he has put in a fatigue system which, is also a great way to have deviations.

This would create more "unique play" and delaying bans, as "automated/pattern matching" algorithms would have a harder time. This coupled with you writing your own script for whatever client you are using would greatly reduce ban rates especially in mains/pures/anything not intended to suicide gold farm.

Again this would just be base on the idea of, them having an implemented algorithm that runs on pattern matching. Manual watching and any means of memory reading and client detection would be another story.

Edit: again this is all just talk, actually engineering/developing something like this would take time but, again would vastly improve safety on one front.

Edited by CsharpBestLang

• 3 weeks later...
On 4/9/2019 at 12:23 AM, CsharpBestLang said:

Hell you could have some dumb asses who like to randomly make their mouse go in a circle across their screen while waiting for an animation/actions to finish (me for example).

Hey! Who are you calling a dumbass!

But yes, I too like drawing geometric figures on my screen while waiting for actions to complete.

Interesting topic. These general antiban profiles you're talking about have already been implemented elsewhere. Whether they work or not is completely unprovable though.

Edited by adjacent