Jump to content

Barrows Bot


JCvalentyne
 Share

Recommended Posts

I am developing a barrows bot and I have done the banking/supplying and killing the barrows brother. I am now developing the underground bit which, I plan on tackling the puzzle to the chest using widgets however, I don't know how to pathfind/navigate the tunnels? webwalking does not work. 

Anyone got any input or guidance here?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Czar said:

A huge chunk of barrows is configs IIRC, so you should easily be able to find out your path to the center chest via configs and the rest is just widget handler for the puzzles etc etc.

Okay, will look into configs later tonight, thanks for the guidance. Hopefully no more questions needed!

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Czar said:

A huge chunk of barrows is configs IIRC, so you should easily be able to find out your path to the center chest via configs and the rest is just widget handler for the puzzles etc etc.

No configs for available areas. Pathing can be determined when the region loads as it loads all objects at the same time. So mapping out all areas available and using a pathfinding algo to find the walkable areas/path is the way to go.

Barrows does have a config for loot potential/barrows kills.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Vilius said:

No configs for available areas. Pathing can be determined when the region loads as it loads all objects at the same time. So mapping out all areas available and using a pathfinding algo to find the walkable areas/path is the way to go.

Barrows does have a config for loot potential/barrows kills.

All objects dont load in though at once, when I get all doors in the middle room, it returns like 3 of them, one of the furthest ones sometimes isn't rendered in, so how do I get all objects in the entire barrows tunnels to even begin creating an algorithm to navigate them?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

26 minutes ago, JCvalentyne said:

All objects dont load in though at once, when I get all doors in the middle room, it returns like 3 of them, one of the furthest ones sometimes isn't rendered in, so how do I get all objects in the entire barrows tunnels to even begin creating an algorithm to navigate them?

A good hint: there is a config that Jagex uses to determine your tunnel path. You can use this data to check each door and see if it's able to be passed through, then use that to plan your path with one of the pathfinding algorithms.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

34 minutes ago, Night said:

A good hint: there is a config that Jagex uses to determine your tunnel path. You can use this data to check each door and see if it's able to be passed through, then use that to plan your path with one of the pathfinding algorithms.

I don't know too much about playing around with configs, but to determine what door I need to enter, I check if the chest room doors have the action "open". I just need to find a way to traverse to those doors now..

Link to comment
Share on other sites

57 minutes ago, Night said:

A good hint: there is a config that Jagex uses to determine your tunnel path. You can use this data to check each door and see if it's able to be passed through, then use that to plan your path with one of the pathfinding algorithms.

Oh okay, I see what you're getting at. So monitor configs and match config changes to path routes and hope combinations are limited?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 1 month later...
  • 2 years later...
On 3/6/2019 at 3:35 PM, JCvalentyne said:

I am developing a barrows bot and I have done the banking/supplying and killing the barrows brother. I am now developing the underground bit which, I plan on tackling the puzzle to the chest using widgets however, I don't know how to pathfind/navigate the tunnels? webwalking does not work. 

Anyone got any input or guidance here?

 

Not really a solution to your issue, more of a workaround. BUT you could use the Strange old lockpick instead of pathfinding? 

https://oldschool.runescape.wiki/w/Strange_old_lockpick

 

You could even implement this if you do get the walking working as well. I think this shaves about 30-50 seconds off each barrows run.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...