Residential Proxies OR Datacenter Proxies?

cowep

8 hours ago, cowep said:

So it would be ok to bot from my home IP? Would my home IP be flagged and have a quicker ban-rate?

As of right now I'll only be looking to bot 2 accounts and will recreate new ones when they get banned. They will be p2p bots.

Botting two accounts requires no proxy at all. Don't let anyone talk you into purchasing a proxy if you're only botting on two accounts. People are also spreading misinformation about proxies. If you don't want accounts to be locked the creation IP and the tutorial completed IP must stay the same.

Proxies are only needed in account creation - otherwise they won't really effect ban rate. For example: Account A is chopping yews and Account B is chopping yews in the same spot on a different proxy... usually when a ban occurs they'll still ban both accounts. I've used proxies before to test with absolutely no different results from not using them (besides creation of accounts.)

Is it safe to bot from your home IP and also play legit on an account from your home IP? Yes. Have done it for years, just be careful not to log into the bot client at all with your main account.

Edited by AsBakedAsCake

3 hours ago, AsBakedAsCake said:

Botting two accounts requires no proxy at all. Don't let anyone talk you into purchasing a proxy if you're only botting on two accounts. People are also spreading misinformation about proxies. If you don't want accounts to be locked the creation IP and the tutorial completed IP must stay the same.

Proxies are only needed in account creation - otherwise they won't really effect ban rate. For example: Account A is chopping yews and Account B is chopping yews in the same spot on a different proxy... usually when a ban occurs they'll still ban both accounts. I've used proxies before to test with absolutely no different results from not using them (besides creation of accounts.)

Is it safe to bot from your home IP and also play legit on an account from your home IP? Yes. Have done it for years, just be careful not to log into the bot client at all with your main account.

Thanks for the great info mate. Do you think that IPs can get flagged? Do you experience a higher ban-rate?

And what if I've logged onto the bot client but haven't botted much on my main?

Edited by cowep

7 hours ago, cowep said:

Thanks for the great info mate. Do you think that IPs can get flagged? Do you experience a higher ban-rate?

And what if I've logged onto the bot client but haven't botted much on my main?

I don't know about IP flags, I've never had a problem. I've heard people claim their IP flagged but I don't even know if it's really what Jagex does. If my IP was flagged I probably wouldn't be able to sell the amount of gold I do regularly without problems. I've had at least a few hundred bans on this IP but only a few a month, never even chain bans.

If you've botted on your main and it's been about 3+ days you're probably safe. Just don't bot on it anymore if you don't want to risk the account.

Edited by AsBakedAsCake

2 hours ago, AsBakedAsCake said:

I don't know about IP flags, I've never had a problem. I've heard people claim their IP flagged but I don't even know if it's really what Jagex does. If my IP was flagged I probably wouldn't be able to sell the amount of gold I do regularly without problems. I've had at least a few hundred bans on this IP but only a few a month, never even chain bans.

If you've botted on your main and it's been about 3+ days you're probably safe. Just don't bot on it anymore if you don't want to risk the account.

Good to know mate. Thank you for the wonderful info

• 10 months later...
On 11/23/2018 at 11:34 PM, AsBakedAsCake said:

Ehh residential rotating proxies for creating accounts, after that I don't proxy at all. I rest accounts 2+ days and all is fine.

If you're looking to bot using proxies, I really wouldn't bother unless you're mass-farming, (25-100 accounts.) They really don't make much of a difference. I run 20 clients on my home IP and have been for years with no increased ban rate, (obv. not osbot as I use a different client)

So I say proxies for creation, after that you really don't need them as much. As to answer your question if you insist with proxies: don't really think your option will matter much.

will a vpn for creation be fine?

On 11/26/2018 at 2:09 AM, cowep said:

Good to know mate. Thank you for the wonderful info

In my experience they can get flagged. I.e. once I start getting locks on one IP I'll discard it and use another, otherwise I just keep getting daily locks.

Yes, you can unlock...but it's a pain/you lose productivity in the bot farm.

Edited by Probability