HIGH CPU usage?

Shmeekz

51 minutes ago, Shmeekz said:

I dont think you can lower fps on osbot standard injection; I do run my bots in norender mode (the slaves atleast), and as for lowresource/lowcpu , I am avoiding this because my bot requires scanning players on log in.

My main point is, before the osbot update for this new osrs update; I was able to run 20+ slaves + 1 mule only using 90% CPU overall, each client was only using 0-3% and my mule being logged off was always 0-1%... not sure how it jumped from that to 10% , 10-15% for each slaves, thats a ridiculous amount of jump imo for a small runescape update..

You're the only one experiencing extra cpu usage so far though so it is probably an issue on your end. How much ram does your server have? And how much are you allocating to each client?

35 minutes ago, Antonio Kala said:

You're the only one experiencing extra cpu usage so far though so it is probably an issue on your end. How much ram does your server have? And how much are you allocating to each client?

Looks like you havent  read the thread, looked around or read the Osbot 2.4.7 release thread. my server has 64GB RAM. 

3 hours ago, Shmeekz said:

Looks like you havent  read the thread, looked around or read the Osbot 2.4.7 release thread. my server has 64GB RAM. 

Try launching osbot on your home pc or laptop instead of the rented dedi and see if it works as normal on another pc. It's using the same exact amount of cpu before and after the update for almost everyone.

Only one guy mentioned cpu usage after the update on this thread. 

I've noticed the same issue on my home pc and mac. But I don't think the problem is on Osbot's end as 3rd part osrs clients are also taking resources like crazy for me. 

Running two legit accounts on my mac using runelite has recently turned my macbook into a plane engine (note, this has only been the case for the past week or so)

While on my main pc I can only run one mirror mode client now and it still gets less than 40 fps in -game. Running another one is just not possible (even when using injection) 

Macbook basic specs: 

6c/12t - i7

16gb ram

radeon 555x pro

PC basic specs:

4c/4t - i5 4690k - OC to 4.7 GHz

32gb ram

gtx 1060 

2 hours ago, Protoprize said:

I've noticed the same issue on my home pc and mac. But I don't think the problem is on Osbot's end as 3rd part osrs clients are also taking resources like crazy for me. 

Running two legit accounts on my mac using runelite has recently turned my macbook into a plane engine (note, this has only been the case for the past week or so)

While on my main pc I can only run one mirror mode client now and it still gets less than 40 fps in -game. Running another one is just not possible (even when using injection) 

Macbook basic specs: 

6c/12t - i7

16gb ram

radeon 555x pro

PC basic specs:

4c/4t - i5 4690k - OC to 4.7 GHz

32gb ram

gtx 1060 

I know for a fact runelite has always demanded 5-6% CPU always and ive noticed that way back, Bruh a 3rd party client runelite thats processing and updating information on screen and their GUI all the time, yes its understandable for a 3rd party osrs client to use that much CPU

but Im trying to point out that the fact that my mule account is simply logged off waiting for mule request is taking 10% CPU usage alone on a XEON processor server...

Ive always monitored my resources thats why i notice these huge jump; literally wasnt like this last week and runescape certainly did not have that huge of an update...

Unless theres more behind the scenes i mean all i need is an update but patrick already mentioning optimization with resource which certainly means that it could be osbot's client.

1 hour ago, Shmeekz said:

I know for a fact runelite has always demanded 5-6% CPU always and ive noticed that way back, Bruh a 3rd party client runelite thats processing and updating information on screen and their GUI all the time, yes its understandable for a 3rd party osrs client to use that much CPU

but Im trying to point out that the fact that my mule account is simply logged off waiting for mule request is taking 10% CPU usage alone on a XEON processor server...

Ive always monitored my resources thats why i notice these huge jump; literally wasnt like this last week and runescape certainly did not have that huge of an update...

Unless theres more behind the scenes i mean all i need is an update but patrick already mentioning optimization with resource which certainly means that it could be osbot's client.

That is literally what I'm saying. I'm using the official client for mirror mode on windows. Also, the xeon that you've mentioned is comparable (single core performance wise) to my i5 4690k,. After playing legit for like 6 hours in a row, I've noticed massive ram usage from runelite and the official client.

Osbot can always be optimised, but it also relies on osrs being optimised, and from what it seems, it's runescape that's having these issues rather than osbot :/ but ay, lets hope we get an answer one way or another since performance sucks for us both ?

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Protoprize said:

That is literally what I'm saying. I'm using the official client for mirror mode on windows. Also, the xeon that you've mentioned is comparable (single core performance wise) to my i5 4690k,. After playing legit for like 6 hours in a row, I've noticed massive ram usage from runelite and the official client.

Osbot can always be optimised, but it also relies on osrs being optimised, and from what it seems, it's runescape that's having these issues rather than osbot :/ but ay, lets hope we get an answer one way or another since performance sucks for us both ?

I see where you are coming from; thanks for good insights tho <3

On 11/24/2018 at 7:29 AM, Shmeekz said:

I dont think you can lower fps on osbot standard injection; I do run my bots in norender mode (the slaves atleast), and as for lowresource/lowcpu , I am avoiding this because my bot requires scanning players on log in.

My main point is, before the osbot update for this new osrs update; I was able to run 20+ slaves + 1 mule only using 90% CPU overall, each client was only using 0-3% and my mule being logged off was always 0-1%... not sure how it jumped from that to 10% , 10-15% for each slaves, thats a ridiculous amount of jump imo for a small runescape update..

My OSBot updated today see if its better now

On 11/23/2018 at 3:11 PM, Shmeekz said:

this is runelite for me.. logged off
dce5f6ccfb9416e5e9df9028402aecea.png

osbot logged off> 

e77cd361a6cf168c7b3de9ad2b133169.png

???????????? lol wat
Its literally logged off and not doing anything but steady 10% wat?

viVFoYc.png

image.thumb.png.f1c4eb067547d1e13fdbf92749644798.png

About normal for me, my RAM usage gets high due to web walking, as this has always been an issue but doesn't effect me really though. 45 Bots running on this at the moment. Only 52GB ram is my issue. I need to upgrade it.

Edited by Duhstin

Scripts 

On 11/25/2018 at 1:29 PM, Duhstin said:

viVFoYc.png

image.thumb.png.f1c4eb067547d1e13fdbf92749644798.png

About normal for me, my RAM usage gets high due to web walking, as this has always been an issue but doesn't effect me really though. 45 Bots running on this at the moment. Only 52GB ram is my issue. I need to upgrade it.

@DuhstinIt's embarrassing that you can only run 45 bots with 52GB of ram.

@ShmeekzAny script that uses WebWalking will have higher memory usage as it's poorly written; create script's without it and you can get it down to 100MB-200MB per client.

1 hour ago, Chiseled said:

Scripts 

@DuhstinIt's embarrassing that you can only run 45 bots with 52GB of ram.

@ShmeekzAny script that uses WebWalking will have higher memory usage as it's poorly written; create script's without it and you can get it down to 100MB-200MB per client.

Yep, I know. I'm just lazy. I'll get around to it one day, haha.