Interesting Question

Malcolm

2 minutes ago, Malcolm_OS said:

Well there isn't evidence to prove either way.

I personally don't think they can tell but I just like to stir the pot a bit

As far as I know, they can tell whether or not you are using the official client. If you are using a third party client, they can tell you aren't using the official client but can't specify which client you're using.

If you have OSBot and RS client open, they can tell you're double logged due to IP.

If you have OSBot and RS client with one proxy, it just looks like two people are online. Unless both accounts were on the same IP at one point in time, no reference can be made generally unless some accounts are linked through email or social media.

2 minutes ago, RoomScape said:

As far as I know, they can tell whether or not you are using the official client. If you are using a third party client, they can tell you aren't using the official client but can't specify which client you're using.

If you have OSBot and RS client open, they can tell you're double logged due to IP.

If you have OSBot and RS client with one proxy, it just looks like two people are online. Unless both accounts were on the same IP at one point in time, no reference can be made generally unless some accounts are linked through email or social media.

I believe exactly this. I don't think they can tell exactly what 3rd party client you are using and I don't think they can detect a 3rd party client via their vanilla client. 

I do think it would be possible for Jagex to implement something like that and I also think like mentioned above that it would be a huge breach of privacy if Jagex implemented it without informing their community about it.

I don't think anything is in place that does this though.

7 minutes ago, Alek said:

No, you don't need evidence to prove either way. They are a business and if they are scanning your computer without your consent it's illegal. 

You’re right. It certainly would be illegal and I believe they would disclose it if they were doing that.

On the other hand, lots of companies do illegal shit to benefit themselves. Who knows, maybe if Jagex thought they could get away with it they wouldn’t disclose it and they’d have a huge advantage. 

I don’t believe that’s something that would ever happen, I don’t think they can tell. This is basically a what if sort of discussion. Obviously they aren’t currently doing any of that.

Edited by Malcolm_OS