Hacked

Michael Sitter

43 minutes ago, Solution said:

Honestly I owe you an apology for the condescending tone I used earlier. Your frustration is highly understandable and didn't deserve my reaction.

In all seriousness, OSBot has for more at stake than hacking one account, and the same can be said for any scripter that writes here, it's absolutely out of the question it was OSBot that hacked you. 
That being said, the scan is a good start. It has a chance of finding the culprit, in case the reason you were hacked was the download of a malicious piece of software. 
This doesn't have to be the case though, is the password you used for the account entirely unique? Stuff like leakedsource make it exceptionally easy for people to do an email/username/whatever search and try the same account details on your email or other game accounts - this could also be a plausible explanation. 

Was the account completely cleared out, or was it hacked in the sense you can no longer access it?

Honestly no need to apologize, I looked back at what I said and it was very stupid, but that is very nice of you. 

I still have my account, they just went through my bank and took everything worth value.  Which is a bit odd in my opinion.  I have zero money and zero armor now.  I did a scan on my PC and it came back clear.  I'm in the process of looking through all folders to see if there is a super old bot I tried downloading a few years ago or something like that.

again, I'm sorry for my attitude as it's not a good one.

10 minutes ago, Michael Sitter said:

Honestly no need to apologize, I looked back at what I said and it was very stupid, but that is very nice of you. 

I still have my account, they just went through my bank and took everything worth value.  Which is a bit odd in my opinion.  I have zero money and zero armor now.  I did a scan on my PC and it came back clear.  I'm in the process of looking through all folders to see if there is a super old bot I tried downloading a few years ago or something like that.

again, I'm sorry for my attitude as it's not a good one.

That makes it all the more likely that someone simply got your password from somewhere and tried to get in to take everything of value. 
What did you scan your pc with? Regardless, if it came up clean there's very little chance it was malicious software. 
Was you password unique to your runescape account, or did you share it with anything  else?

7 minutes ago, Solution said:

That makes it all the more likely that someone simply got your password from somewhere and tried to get in to take everything of value. 
What did you scan your pc with? Regardless, if it came up clean there's very little chance it was malicious software. 
Was you password unique to your runescape account, or did you share it with anything  else?

I have a work provided software downloaded to scan for viruses, I'm not even sure what it's called. (I'm kinda dumb when it comes to that).  But i do use that password for my everyday email address.  I can only assume I goofed up along the lines somewhere.  At the end of the day I still have my account.  I changed my password and took further steps securing it with google authentication and I changed my bank pin.  I don't think I can make it any more secure as of right now lol.  I'm sure I won't know what I did exactly for this to happen but its all good.  I can get money back.  I'm glad I still have my stats.  I appreciate the help.  

48 minutes ago, Michael Sitter said:

I have a work provided software downloaded to scan for viruses, I'm not even sure what it's called. (I'm kinda dumb when it comes to that).  But i do use that password for my everyday email address.  I can only assume I goofed up along the lines somewhere.  At the end of the day I still have my account.  I changed my password and took further steps securing it with google authentication and I changed my bank pin.  I don't think I can make it any more secure as of right now lol.  I'm sure I won't know what I did exactly for this to happen but its all good.  I can get money back.  I'm glad I still have my stats.  I appreciate the help.  

Be sure to change any and all things you care about that still utilize that password! And set up 2-step authentication on the email you use it with! If it was indeed obtained from a leaked database breach there's a fair chance someone will try and use that password on other stuff.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Michael Sitter said:

Try putting your email in https://haveibeenpwned.com/

There have been data breaches on other bots in the past, e.g. powerb0t in 2014, and on various other RS websites / websites in general.

You should always try to have different passwords for different accounts, and use 2-step authentication if possible

Edited by Explv
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Michael Sitter said:

lmao jesus murphy yall are funny

I'm very sorry you're an asshole.  I bet your friends love it.  I know how to secure my rs account it's not hard.  I've never been hacked until I downloaded this.  Swallow gas eat a match.  Global Moderator.  Straight up foo.

Lmao k

I've around this community and botting since before 2014... OSB did not hack you, you did something else stupid or got the attention of someone who was capable of getting your information. If you linked your OS account to other services like Facebook/Twitch it could have been through that as well. There are a lot of ways people can get into your account, blaming an automated client on your own computer for doing it is not the definitive reason. I literally watched one of more new favorite up and coming youtubers (The Pure Seb lose a 5b bank to a hack that stemmed from a breach in facebook, leading to a lot of accounts being accessed and banks cleared (even with a bank pin). There are so many ways than a botting client to blame why you got hacked in the first place. Not to discredit you (or be a douche) or anything but you are making hasty accusations and your forum account is not even a month old on here, despite you buying VIP. 

What did you even lose?

Edit: Just saw page two and saw you guys figured it out ^.^ Sorry for your loss but at least you still have an account to make money back on! Best of luck

Edited by Xanthippie
  • Like 1

It's a common mistake when something happens to a person to imminently assume that it was their last action they did which caused the issue.

I highly doubt that OSbot itself hacked your account.

So clam down, look a bit further back and see if there could be other reasons for your account being compromised. And best of luck with it! :) 

12 hours ago, Michael Sitter said:

I got hacked this morning in a 1 hr window.  I'm assuming it was this, considering the window and I put my username and password into the system...  This is ridiculous. I pay money for a service and get hacked.  Amazing.

EDIT: eat my shorts

can I get that sweet download link you dl'd for free premium scripts (no scammerino, legit xd)??

**saw that he realized why he got hacked. hopefully you'll have a successful rebuild and be better prepared next time:(

Edited by Runnwith