Anyone watch the movie called "Room"

Robin Williams

I watched it because someone on the JRE or H3H3 podcast said it was good.

I thought it was okay but the last 50 minutes was unnecessary it was like they finished the movie too short and had to add 50 minutes of random bs to fill it out.

Had a lot of potential  to be an epic movie too it's a shame, anyone else seen it? What did you think?

**This is not for post count as some idiot suggested in the comments, I genuinely wanted to see if anybody watched this movie and how they found it, I figured maybe someone saw the same podcast and then watched the movie like I did***

Edited by Robin Williams
  • Like 1

If you’re talking about the one with the mother and child, I read the book and had the same feelings about the movie as you did. 

However, i think the movie did pretty well portraying the characters’ development from being raised in that environment. 

Overall, it’s pretty moving and emotional to think about what those circumstances would really be like :(

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, boldcorn74 said:

If you’re talking about the one with the mother and child, I read the book and had the same feelings about the movie as you did. 

However, i think the movie did pretty well portraying the characters’ development from being raised in that environment. 

Overall, it’s pretty moving and emotional to think about what those circumstances would really be like :(

Hey man <3

Yeah I researched the origins last night and apparently the book and movie were inspired by one of the Fritzl children who was called jack :(

I really liked the movie for the first hour but after that it seemed like they were dragging it out lol

But yeah it's a very thought provoking concept I just wish they'd done a bit more with it ? 

Almost nothing happens in the last 50 minutes of the movie, the woman just tries to kill herself but survives and they visit the room, was really pointless imo.

Btw, thank you for keeping it related to the OP, this was the kind of input I was looking for. :) 

Edited by Robin Williams

16 minutes ago, Robin Williams said:

Hey man <3

Yeah I researched the origins last night and apparently the book and movie were inspired by one of the Fritzl children who was called jack :(

I really liked the movie for the first hour but after that it seemed like they were dragging it out lol

But yeah it's a very thought provoking concept I just wish they'd done a bit more with it ? 

Almost nothing happens in the last 50 minutes of the movie, the woman just tries to kill herself but survives and they visit the room, was really pointless imo.

Btw, thank you for keeping it related to the OP, this was the kind of input I was looking for. :) 

If you’re interested in psychological thrillers, there’s another one with a similar concept called Berlin Syndrome. It came out last year and was on Netflix last time i checked

• Like 1

Just now, boldcorn74 said:

If you’re interested in psychological thrillers, there’s another one with a similar concept called Berlin Syndrome. It came out last year and was on Netflix last time i checked

Bro, Psychological thrillers is my genre!! I'll check that movie out today, gonna have a 420 movie night hehe.

You ever seen Robin Williams Psychological thriller called "One hour photo"? it's crazy to see Robin Williams playing such a serious role.

God he's such a loss to entertainment. :( 

7994_5.jpg

5 minutes ago, Robin Williams said:

Bro, Psychological thrillers is my genre!! I'll check that movie out today, gonna have a 420 movie night hehe.

You ever seen Robin Williams Psychological thriller called "One hour photo"? it's crazy to see Robin Williams playing such a serious role.

7994_5.jpg

Haven’t seen that one but after reading the description of it i think i’m gonna have to

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, boldcorn74 said:

Haven’t seen that one but after reading the description of it i think i’m gonna have to

I might be slightly bias because Robin Williams is one of my favorite people ever lol

I really enjoyed the movie though :) 

I'll let you know how Berlin Syndrome goes

8 hours ago, Robin Williams said:

7994_5.jpg

Never knew about this Robin Williams Movie. Gunna have to look it up. I did know about the Room and its just a "eh" kind of movie.

Have fun watching Thrillers and getting baked.

• Heart 1

2 hours ago, Knuckolls said:

Never knew about this Robin Williams Movie. Gunna have to look it up. I did know about the Room and its just a "eh" kind of movie.

Have fun watching Thrillers and getting baked.

Thank you! and yeah it's really good if you've watched a lot of his other movies; shows a whole other side to him!