Experiment

k1595981

A new experiment.

I made a simple script out of one line that literally doesn't do anything but moves the mouse randomly, put it on the while loop and got banned after exactly 25 hours from starting it. Without clicking, or interacting with anything.

So I was monitored to be a bot because human don't keep moving the mouse randomly which means that they are tracking our mouse position from/to somewhere when no single click is even performed.. OR there is an average moves expected p/h

I never bot, so nothing about the IP being flagged. My levels are 0, no trades or anything. Even the account is hand made..

Edited by k1595981

1 hour ago, k1595981 said:

A new experiment..

I made a simple script out of one line that moves the mouse randomly, put it on the while loop and got banned after exactly 25 hours from starting it. Literally doing nothing but moving the mouse randomly without clicking, or interacting with anything.

So I was monitored to be a bot because human don't keep moving the mouse randomly? That means they are tracking our mouse position from/to somewhere when no single click is even performed..

Do you guys think that they have such thing like an expected average moves per hour?

I never bot, so nothing about the ip being flagged or anything and my levels are0, no trades or anything. Even the account was hand made..

how did u bot for 25 hrs when ur acc on here is an hour old?

1 hour ago, k1595981 said:

A new experiment..

I made a simple script out of one line that moves the mouse randomly, put it on the while loop and got banned after exactly 25 hours from starting it. Literally doing nothing but moving the mouse randomly without clicking, or interacting with anything.

So I was monitored to be a bot because human don't keep moving the mouse randomly? That means they are tracking our mouse position from/to somewhere when no single click is even performed..

Do you guys think that they have such thing like an expected average moves per hour?

I never bot, so nothing about the ip being flagged or anything and my levels are0, no trades or anything. Even the account was hand made..

This doesn't necessarily show that they measure moves per hour unless you have unhuman movement speeds and number of clicks. It's more likely a combination of length of time and doing nothing. How many people do you know that stay awake for 25 hours at a time? Moreover, why would they randomly be clicking on runescape the entire time AND doing nothing? Maybe staying on for greater than X amount of hours gets you flagged, then you get manually inspected, which will show that you've done absolutely nothing for 25 hours.

50 minutes ago, Alek said:

What was the control to your experiment? 

I doubt he had a control. There's so many variables involved with this type of experiment too. You would need accounts with nearly the same creation date, skills, play time, infraction history, etc to make sure there's no bias. Even then what would the control activity be? Clicking at a different interval than the first? Clicking on only one spot? Actually doing something during those 25 hours while maintaining an equal number of movements per hour? Not to mention any good experiment is carried out a significant number of times to get the same results repeatedly.

22 minutes ago, daamurda said:

how did u bot for 25 hrs when ur acc on here is an hour old?

Lost password of my acc and recently contacted support for that.

1 hour ago, Alek said:

What was the control to your experiment?  

I don't understand your question but maybe you mean what was the aim? If so, then just an experiment.

6 minutes ago, WebersDict said:

It's more likely a combination of length of time and doing nothing. How many people do you know that stay awake for 25 hours at a time? Moreover, why would they randomly be clicking on runescape the entire time AND doing nothing? Maybe staying on for greater than X amount of hours gets you flagged, then you get manually inspected, which will show that you've done absolutely nothing for 25 hours.

I agree with you that it is a combination of length of time and doing nothing which will get me flagged and inspected. But, there is a script that I used to increase the online time of one of my accounts for 5 continuous days and didn't get banned which just moves the camera. Also to make it clear, I didn't click on anything but just having had the mouse moving.

I now would love to try this on extra 2 accounts and see the results..

11 minutes ago, dogetrix said:

what kind of human just moves the mouse around for 25 hours smh, obviously you would get banned

That is indeed obvious, but the thing is when using the afk script that moves the camera, I don't get banned. Had it on for 5 days to increase my online time. That's 24*5 = ?

Edited by k1595981

2 minutes ago, k1595981 said:

That is indeed obvious, but the thing is when using the afk script that moves the camera, I don't get banned. Had it on for 5 days to increase my online time. That's 24*5 =?

Maybe it's easier to see that the mouse movements are non-human over a long period of time. They are definitely generated curves (bezier curves?). My guess would be that the long duration of uptime got you upgraded to a higher level of surveillance, and then they ran an algorithm that checked mouse movements. The camera movement is harder to detect botlike properties, given that you only have 4 keys you can rotate with.

14 hours ago, Alek said:

Well he's trying to "experiment" something that's already been experimented for 15 years. Just search for "bot runescape mouse movement".

To be fair , others people experiments are different as they are likely to be looking for different things and trying different things , He could easily find something nobody else has if his mind works differently .