How To Change Your IP {Using A Free VPN}

Table Of Content:

• What Is a VPN?
  • Why Is a VPN Helpful When Botting?
  • Static IP adress
  • How To Download
  • How To Setup The VPN

What Is a VPN?

Virtual Private Network (Also known as: VPN) is a very important and usefull feature to have stored on your computer. Many people will come across
situations in which they'd like to stay annoymous and hide there IP adress.
VPN's can be very helpful when botting and minimize your risk of your IP being flagged resulting in having ALL your accounts banned.

vpn-diag.gif

Why Is a VPN Helpful When Botting?

When a person has atleast 2 accounts and bots on 1 of them, they may wish to consider using a VPN, incase they end up loosing both of there accounts to a ban.

I personally use a VPN when botting on my less important accounts. I have 4 Runescape account's in total (1 Main, 3 Gold Farmers). When I'm botting on my goldfarmers, I don't want my main account's IP to be linked to the gold farming accounts as I do NOT bot on my main, but could still end up loosing all four of them if I get their IP flagged by Jagex.
When on my main account I'll use my Static IP adress, when botting on my gold farmers I'll open up the VPN, connect to a random IP and then begin botting, this then means there is NO way Jagex can link the 3 gold farming accounts with my main account.

It basically protects you from getting your IP flagged and all your accounts linked with that IP that is flagged, banned.

Static IP Adress

A static IP adress is when someone cannot change there IP by turning off their router/modem.
Many people now'days can just switch of the router for a couple of minutes and their IP will be changed, however there are a lot of people who have a static IP adress.
When botting having a Static IP can be a main cause of having all of your accounts banned due to having your IP flagged.

How To Download

To get started, please visit:
http://cyberghostvpn.com/

Now, you should be on http://CyberGhostVPN.com from here you now need to click "FREE DOWNLOAD".
The download is 12.2 MB and will take an average computer roughly 30 seconds to download.

2sblug6.png

Once You have downloaded the file, click "RUN".
2i70h08.png
Go through the setup, agree to the ToS, and then CyberGhost will begin to Install,

once it has been installed "LAUNCH" cyberghost.

After launching the program, you'll then be asked to either Login or Sign up.
click "REGISTER FOR FREE".  Create a username and a password then click "NEXT".

znrbyf.png

Once you've successfully registered you'll be asked to remember a PUK (personal unblocking key). This key code is used to recover your account if it's stolen or forgotten.
Just jot this down somewhere, hopefully you'll never need it though.
1i0i6c.png

How To Setup The VPN

Now, you should have hopefully successfully downloaded and installed CyberGhost and be logged in. Which means you should see this screen...
Just have a look around here, familiarize yourself with the CyberGhosts Dashboard. As you can see from looking in the top right hand courner of the screen, it says your are NOT annomyous.
This means you're still using your IP and have not connected to the VPN.

m9xhcx.png

Now you should click "CONNECT TO VPN"

It'll then give you a list of 4 possible actions, ignore the bottom 3 as we are not a premium member, just click the first option "Connect To Free Service".
2sbljco.png
After clicking that, it'll tell ask you for e-mail exceptions. This basically means, which are e-mail providers are you going to be using whilst your connected to the VPN. I just tick them all incase I ever have to use one whilst connected. (This only appears the once, so don't worry!!!)

From now on whenever you click "Connect To Free Service" it will remember your e-mail exceptions and will connect you automatically straight away. You'll have to wait up to 10 seconds(maybe longer if there is a que),
whilst waiitng you'll be shown this page...
358p3dh.png

When that page exists, you will be connected, you're dashboard will then look simular to this:

2ir9n3n.png
You'll not always connect to London, the VPN it connects to is completely random.
But as you can see in the tp right hand courner it says your ARE annoymous and it gives you the IP of your VPN your connected to rather than your actual IP adress!

To double check your connected to a VPN, go to http://google.com and type "Whats My Ip?" it'll then tell you your IP, if your IP matches the one you've been given from Cyberghost, in this case it's "79.141.161.37" then it's a success!

Thanyou for taking the time out to read this guide, if you have any problems with using CyberGhost, or have any feedback for the thread, please do not hesitate to post below.

Thanks guys,

GTi

• Like 16

VPN's are very dangerous to use. I would not recommend to use VPN's. Free proxies and VPN's are run by people who are either interested in recording all your data so they can sell it for profit to database and marketing companies or use it as a vehicle to install viruses and bots on your computer.

These people don't give away what costs them thousands of dollars a month in equipment and internet costs for no return on their investment.

• Like 2