Cont. of my build me a PC thread

purplewatilla

All you nerds just listed your shitty PC specs and didn't help me make a decent build, so I've went and done it myself.

This is my current part list: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/JRQCBP (updated) (final update posted)

I'm having a hard time deciding between the 4 core i7-7700k & the 6 core 8700k, thoughts?

Edited by purplewatilla

54 minutes ago, purplewatilla said:

All you nerds just listed your shitty PC specs and didn't help me make a decent build, so I've went and done it myself.

This is my current part list: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/hPpCsJ  (updated)

I'm having a hard time deciding between the 4 core i7-7700k & the 6 core 8700k, thoughts?

more cores and higher number go with 6core 8700k i know nothing about computers but its a higher number right must be better :D

5 hours ago, MDMAblkout said:

more cores and higher number go with 6core 8700k i know nothing about computers but its a higher number right must be better :D

it's clock rate is about the same, but some games aren't optimized for more than a single core. Helps with heavy work load though. Leaning towards the 8700k for sure !

Picking out a medium-level processor and you pick Intel over Ryzen

giphy.gif

What's the question about the two, though? The performance increase is worth the extra money, but you'd be great with the former as well.  Do you have that spare money? Get the 8700k. Is money tight? Then get the 7700k. I'd be worried about the 7700k's core/thread count, though, in terms of future proofing. 

1 hour ago, Jacksonpm23 said:

Also...if your main concern is some not so brand-new games only utilizing a single core, why are you springing for THAT much RAM? That's rhetorical, btw. If you need that much RAM for whatever you're using your PC for, you're going to want more cores and threads than that.

Yeah, I'm heavily leaning towards the 8700k, and the reason I'm Intel over AMD, is because most games are sadly optimized for Intel. You were also right about the 7700k being for games that only utilize one core as well, well done. 

The ram is because that mother fucker at minecon never told me how much deditated wam I need da server, so I figured $800 must be enough, right?! 

16 minutes ago, purplewatilla said:

Yeah, I'm heavily leaning towards the 8700k, and the reason I'm Intel over AMD, is because most games are sadly optimized for Intel. You were also right about the 7700k being for games that only utilize one core as well, well done. 

The ram is because that mother fucker at minecon never told me how much deditated wam I need da server, so I figured $800 must be enough, right?! 

Gotcha. Also, may I suggest https://www.reddit.com/r/buildapc/ 
Better expertise than most of us on here, although I hope was at least able to give another opinion. And..as for Intel>AMD gaming..are you not using this for workstation purposes as well with all that? Ryzen 7 series would be better for you -- you might lose like what, 2-3 fps at most on certain titles (and AMD outperforms Intel in several games as well, like my favorite Civ games for one). I'd rather sacrifice that miniscule 2-3 FPS on ultra settings from 121 to like 119 FPS while having a CPU with WAY more threads and CPU horsepower for workstation purposes (or like bot farming) which I assume you'll be using it for with all that RAM

Wait, you said server sorry for not catching that. Either way, what I say still makes sense for that purpose. 

23 minutes ago, Jacksonpm23 said:

Better expertise than most of us on here, although I hope was at least able to give another opinion. And..as for Intel>AMD gaming..are you not using this for workstation purposes as well with all that? Ryzen 7 series would be better for you -- you might lose like what, 2-3 fps at most on certain titles (and AMD outperforms Intel in several games as well, like my favorite Civ games for one). I'd rather sacrifice that miniscule 2-3 FPS on ultra settings from 121 to like 119 FPS while having a CPU with WAY more threads and CPU horsepower for workstation purposes (or like bot farming) which I assume you'll be using it for with all that RAM

Wait, you said server sorry for not catching that. Either way, what I say still makes sense for that purpose. 

*tips fedora*

9 hours ago, Jacksonpm23 said:

If it was 3-4 FPS, I'd do it in a heart beat, but in the games I play, it's more like a few hundred :(

4 hours ago, Ibomeister said:

Dont buy windows lol I'll get u free

My uncle works for microsoft, and I'm going to try and grift the enterprise version off him

4 hours ago, purplewatilla said:

If it was 3-4 FPS, I'd do it in a heart beat, but in the games I play, it's more like a few hundred :(

My uncle works for microsoft, and I'm going to try and grift the enterprise version off him

Lol, what games do you play where Intel gets a few hundred FPS over a comparable AMD CPU??

2 gtx 1080 TI's but not even a ultra wide or 4k screen?

gotta be kidding me

instead of getting gpu's with watercooling just buy normal gpu's and buy EK blocks so you can custom watercool your pc (which can decrease the temp alot).

buying a fractal design focus G one of the most standard cases??????????????????

almost everyone who builds cases have the same layout and do not really improve.

i rather call this build bullshit.

11 minutes ago, kazemaru said:

2 gtx 1080 TI's but not even a ultra wide or 4k screen?

gotta be kidding me

instead of getting gpu's with watercooling just buy normal gpu's and buy EK blocks so you can custom watercool your pc (which can decrease the temp alot).

buying a fractal design focus G one of the most standard cases??????????????????

almost everyone who builds cases have the same layout and do not really improve.

i rather call this build bullshit.

Hehehe