Hello! Old timer Bot Dev :)

ChezSoi

Hello :)

My name is Alex and I've been an on & off 'Scaper since 2001. I used to make bots and develop for bots back in the days of Classic, and a few lighter clients once RS2 was released.

Some of the things I've worked on:

• AmericanBot. My favourite. It would never work today due to anti-botting measures, but it was really ahead of it's time in terms of naturalized scripting. Everything was broken down into very simple/efficient methods and subroutines that when paired with ID-params could do anything you wanted it to do. (walkTo, talkTo, eatAt, click, open, drop, etc.). 
  • SMR. Sexy Machine Robot. A private and paid for successor to AB. Built in OCR and AIO Fighter with custom tile proximity. Really fun.
  • HatredBot. Very simple PKing client built with VB. World Hopping, PiD Check + Get, spammer, auto click. I was just in the process of adding auto-catch by the time RSC was shuttered. 

Beyond those, I also scripted for other bots...mainly:

• STS
  • SCAR+Simba
  • Sbot
  • AutoRune

I haven't dabbled in Pascal, VB or even Java in a few years...actually more than that. Probably a decade or more. But every couple of years or so, I kinda get sucked back into this world. I doubt I could provide much of value, theres certainly an extra layer of complexity(I'd assume) to the way everything is done now. 

Just wanted to say Hi. Glad to see the bot scene is still kickin'...even if the last time I was here was in March :P. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Sofakin said:

Welcome to OSBot! Are you planning on doing anything big here? :) 

Time will tell, got a lot less time on my hands these days between work and looking after the kids. I might do some private work, but I doubt I could really dedicate as much time and support as I used to. 

Who knows though. If I got an itch to scratch, I'll scratch it. 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...