Botting tutorial island through proxies gets my accounts locked. Home IP works fine?

Colonel_Panic

I have a private script for finishing tutorial island before moving on to other tasks.  If I run this on accounts through a proxy, they all are locked pretty quickly after finishing tutorial island with the "Locked as we believe your account might be stolen" message. 

Running the same script on my home IP works fine and accounts aren't locked.

Has anyone experienced this before?  Does Jagex simply flag data center IPs and lock accounts coming from them if they're doing commonly botted things?

I've had problems with botting tutorial island before as well, a few questions I have are as follows.

Are you:

• Switching the proxy the account was tut'd on?
  • Resting the account after finishing the tutorial?
  • Logging out immediately after finishing the tutorial?

Some problems I had when "printing" mass accounts is that the proxy itself wasn't flagged, but the accounts were locked if I attempted to use those accounts on a different proxy within 72 hours after finishing the tutorial. I found resting the accounts for at least 24 hours drastically lowered my chances of the bots being locked. If I rested more than 72 hours I noticed that none of my accounts would ever be locked.

So from this I can say that logging out after finishing the tutorial helps, resting drastically helps, and refraining from switching the proxy until the account has been rested is the biggest help.

If this isn't the case I must be misunderstanding your question, more specifics would help me troubleshoot for you!

5 minutes ago, Colorless said:

I've had problems with botting tutorial island before as well, a few questions I have are as follows.

Are you:

Some problems I had when "printing" mass accounts is that the proxy itself wasn't flagged, but the accounts were locked if I attempted to use those accounts on a different proxy within 72 hours after finishing the tutorial. I found resting the accounts for at least 24 hours drastically lowered my chances of the bots being locked. If I rested more than 72 hours I noticed that none of my accounts would ever be locked.

So from this I can say that logging out after finishing the tutorial helps, resting drastically helps, and refraining from switching the proxy until the account has been rested is the biggest help.

If this isn't the case I must be misunderstanding your question, more specifics would help me troubleshoot for you!

Intresting, didn't know about the resting.

I have experienced issues with proxy switching so I can verify that using the same proxy increases the life of your account, but is not enough in itself. Going to test the 72 hour rest theory.

Just now, Jordan said:

Intresting, didn't know about the resting.

I have experienced issues with proxy switching so I can verify that using the same proxy increases the life of your account, but is not enough in itself. Going to test the 72 hour rest theory.

I read/heard somewhere that utilizing a different proxy from the one you created the account/completed the tutorial with causes or is the main culprit of most locked accounts. I found logging out the account and resting it after completing the tutorial gives me the best results when attempting to switch the proxy later on. I can't promise it will work obviously, but I've had very few locked accounts since I started resting them. I can also point to people that sell tut'd accounts and they always seem to advertise that they've been rested, which is where the theory comes from.

Good luck!

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Colorless said:

Are you:

Yes
No
No

I did try botting tutorial island on my main IP (where I created the account), immediately logging out, and then switching over to the proxy to start farming and noticed the account hasn't been locked yet.  So it seems to be completing tutorial island on the proxy that really causes the problem.

I'll experiment with creating the account on the proxy as well as creating them on my home IP and then resting before using.  Thanks for the input!

1 hour ago, Colonel_Panic said:

I have a private script for finishing tutorial island before moving on to other tasks.  If I run this on accounts through a proxy, they all are locked pretty quickly after finishing tutorial island with the "Locked as we believe your account might be stolen" message. 

Running the same script on my home IP works fine and accounts aren't locked.

Has anyone experienced this before?  Does Jagex simply flag data center IPs and lock accounts coming from them if they're doing commonly botted things?

Yes, after you log out of that account you have to log back into it with the same proxy otherwise your account will get locked because it thinks its someone else logging into the account. After you log in back once your good to go you can log into it with any IP.

Edit: I had a small bot farm for a while, that is how i learned about this and the way around it as well.

Edited by rslights

1 hour ago, THS said:

I thought you were creating your own proxy? Surely that wouldn't be picked up as a datacenter IP

But yeah this has been going on for a long time, think its common knowledge now that residential IP's don't get you cucked. I do all mine on my own IP to avoid the hassle.

I'm creating my own proxies but not using my home IP address for those.  I figured if I created all accounts on the same IP, jagex would eventually catch on and just ban all accounts from that IP.  Is that not what you've found? Like could I realistically get away with creating 30 accounts from the same IP every day and not get chain banned? :p

5 minutes ago, Colonel_Panic said:

I'm creating my own proxies but not using my home IP address for those.  I figured if I created all accounts on the same IP, jagex would eventually catch on and just ban all accounts from that IP.  Is that not what you've found? Like could I realistically get away with creating 30 accounts from the same IP every day and not get chain banned? :p

Been hand making all my accounts on my same Home IP for the last few months lol. Makes no difference. Then again i'm not pumping out 100+accs weekly like some others in F2P.

I don't bot tutorial though, might be the difference (obviously)