I need a new Tower

Maldesto

18 minutes ago, Mainio said:

I myself would not buy i7 7700k anymore

The new intel processors will come at the end of this month and they will be at same price range.

They just will have more cores and threads :) (which is super good for future)

They will have more cores but also require a new generation motherboard since the current generation will not support it.

Personally for the things you listed above I would suggest a ryzen r5 1600-1600x since its 6 core/ 12 thread for less than what intel would charge for a 4 core/ 4 thread CPU. It would play OS fine and be better at streaming than would a similarly priced one. As for the GPU its really up to you since OS doesnt use GPU at all. The hard part of getting a GPU right now is almost everything that isnt a high end part like 1080s are practically sold out due to mining.

3 minutes ago, IDontEvenBot said:

They will have more cores but also require a new generation motherboard since the current generation will not support it.

Personally for the things you listed above I would suggest a ryzen r5 1600-1600x since its 6 core/ 12 thread for less than what intel would charge for a 4 core/ 4 thread CPU. It would play OS fine and be better at streaming than would a similarly priced one. As for the GPU its really up to you since OS doesnt use GPU at all. The hard part of getting a GPU right now is almost everything that isnt a high end part like 1080s are practically sold out due to mining.

I don't know about your countrys but atleast here shops are full of GPU'S atm (mining is over)

Yeah ryzen is great what i've seen :)They atm lose to intel on gaming tho (because atm games are not optimized for more cores) BF1 runs amazing tho with 1600x

Edited by Mainio

Just now, Mainio said:

I don't know about your countrys but atleast here shops are full of GPU'S atm (mining is over)

Yeah ryzen is great what i've seen :)They atm lose to intel on gaming tho (because atm games are not optimized to more cores)

Im currently in Canada and a used Gtx 1060 goes for more than a new one since theres no new ones in stock. I'm starting to see 1070s slowly come into more readily available supply but below that not really. AMD I wont even mention because those are never in stock.

1 minute ago, IDontEvenBot said:

Im currently in Canada and a used Gtx 1060 goes for more than a new one since theres no new ones in stock. I'm starting to see 1070s slowly come into more readily available supply but below that not really. AMD I wont even mention because those are never in stock.

Haha :P around month ago i could not find any 1060,1070,1080,1080ti from stock

Now the shops are full of everything once again:???:

1 hour ago, Visty said:

Received this rig a couple days ago for around $1300. Pretty powerful pc. A lot of people would want to change the GPU out, but it's pretty good for me, can run most games over 300 fps. You can add extra ram if you like as well.

Handles streaming pretty well, because streaming is CPU intensive.

oEVny6i.png

i bought that gpu and didnt get the free rocket league game :(

13 hours ago, Visty said:

Received this rig a couple days ago for around $1300. Pretty powerful pc. A lot of people would want to change the GPU out, but it's pretty good for me, can run most games over 300 fps. You can add extra ram if you like as well.

Handles streaming pretty well, because streaming is CPU intensive.

oEVny6i.png

srsly get 16gb ram with the prices these days

• Maldesto locked and unlocked this topic
2 hours ago, The Hero of Time said:

you will also keep getting these annoying popups that you can't get rid of if you don't want the shitty w10

b5vSiLg.png

I was thinking more along the lines of the system wont even boot without the new CPU on an old motherboard. From what I read that supporting the 6 core configuration will require a different socket which means all other CPU's that arent made for that socket will not work at all