Announcing OSBot 2!

Laz

Does this mean all the scripters will have to re-write their script based on the new API?

Yes, however as stated in the OP, long-term support for OSBot 1 will still be available after the release of OSBot 2. The ability for OSBot 2 to handle OSBot 1 scripts has been considered as well.

Over the last few weeks, you have barely had time to run OSBot, so it seems anyway. What will you do to show us that this has changed or is this a post to stall us and make us believe you're working on something?

I've had plenty of time. I'm getting really irritated with all these script developers thinking I don't have enough time or that we're stealing money. We've paid script developers before, we will keep paying them. This is a legal buisness, not an illegal operation. This website's income is taxed and has to go through a process before it falls into the hands of script developers. That takes time. This reply is simply intended for you only, it's for everyone.

The lack of response to any meaningful post in here is quite disturbing. Users have expressed their skepticism and concerns and they go unnoticed. I am new to the community, but there seems to be a disconnect between the people responsible for updating OSBot and the people who are creating the scripts for the users. I hope some of the concerns will be addressed soon enough.

I am particularly interested in the new web-walking. How is this being implemented? Also, if you guys are looking for help to develop this, I would be very interested in the opportunity. Let me know.

Simply because I do not reply to the thread within minutes does not mean anything disturbing. I hope that most of your concerns were answered with the previous reply. As for web-walking, we've dumped data from about 1.3K map regions in RuneScape which is about 90% of the world map. We will be using this data with a combination of efficient algorithms to make web-walking fully automated and dynamic. It has not been fully planned however our development team has discussed the various options and we believe the right one will be written for OSBot 2. More info on web walking will be released as more development arises.

Also, for those concerned that OSBot will support RS3. RS3 support will not be released right away. OSBot 2 will be designed in a way that an RS3 bot could be integrated. This does not mean that we are not focusing on 07. 07scape will come first. RS3 support will be a special update scheduled for OSBot 2.

And my response wasn't aimed at you either, it was aimed at the staff as a whole, disregarding a few members, such as Raflesia and maybe even yourself. But it seems like the majority of staff haven't been active recently, not many updates to the bot and so forth. I wasn't being an ass nor was i calling you out on it, i was just stating a problem that I and a lot of others seem to believe had existed, and was asking what it is you will be doing different this time around to counter it, and stop it happening in the future.