Formal Complaint

Gildarts

Filing a formal complaint against Toadfly and GoldenGates for their continual breaking of the chatbox rules.

(Wasn't sure whether to put this here or in disputes, so I'll throw it here to be safe)

Toadfly and GoldenGates have allegedly created a website (Toadfly being the owner) that they are constantly linking to and advertising in the chatbox.

Not only is this directly against the chatbox rules,

5. Constantly advertising threads/urls is not allowed.

but it is also possibly detrimental to the community of OSBot.

For one, it is possibly harmful as Toadfly has the IP addresses to everyone who visits or signs up for his Forum, assuming they aren't using a VPN. This could be used for blackmail or even, if he wanted to, shelling/DoSing.

Secondly, it fills the chatbox with unneeded spam. It sends the message that OSBot is not very professional.

They constantly spam the link in the chatbox every chance they get. Look below for proof:

bc695fc42b69cd39f14f26834989722b.png

b05ee1c67569cb6ea776cc51e539089d.png

2b2639fbab07ca14898ae90110ec92c9.png

321a08d379a1e0a3705311780de3cdfc.png

There were more cases of this happening, however I did not grab screens.

This is in direct violation of another chatbox rule:

1. No spamming

I'll let the staff decide what to do at this point, if anything.

Thanks for taking the time to read this.

-SH

Edited by Sherlock

I hope you realize that we posted it because you were acting arrogant the first few times he posted it. Either way, it's a joke, the chats were dead at the moment and nothing happened, if this is what you call spam, then hundreds others should be banned as well. *Occazn, Moneyman, gh0st, etc.*

Also, I did not constantly spam, i posted it like once every what 10 minutes? And only like 5 times in that span, I only did that to piss him off because he was being a dick. Please stop lying.

Edited by GoldenGates

I hope you realize that we posted it because you were acting arrogant the first few times he posted it. Either way, it's a joke, the chats were dead at the moment and nothing happened, if this is what you call spam, then hundreds others should be banned as well. *Occazn, Moneyman, gh0st, etc.*

Also, I did not constantly spam, i posted it like once every what 10 minutes? And only like 5 times in that span, I only did that to piss him off because he was being a dick. Please stop lying.

I fail to see how advertising for your own website is a joke, but alright.

I'm not suggesting a ban; I'm simply pointing out that the chatbox rules were broken by you as well as Toadfly.

I fail to see how advertising for your own website is a joke, but alright.

I'm not suggesting a ban; I'm simply pointing out that the chatbox rules were broken by you as well as Toadfly.

Not my website, and you don't have to make a thread, if you did, there would be tens, if not hundreds each day, take this to the mods into chatbox.

Watch out guys, me and GoldenGates are apparently going to DDOS everyone. 1.) I totally know how to do that /sarcasm, 2.) DDOS is illegal, and 3.) I could just use Skype to get peoples IP's. Theres nothing wrong with registering on the website, if DDOS'ing was the case, anyone could make a website and DDOS whoever the frigg they wanted. I'm not in any position for legal trouble, so please find another excuse to use. And with 6-7 members on our site, we are dangerous to the OSBot community! Get real, and do something productive with your life, please.

Watch out guys, me and GoldenGates are apparently going to DDOS everyone. 1.) I totally know how to do that /sarcasm, 2.) DDOS is illegal, and 3.) I could just use Skype to get peoples IP's. Theres nothing wrong with registering on the website, if DDOS'ing was the case, anyone could make a website and DDOS whoever the frigg they wanted. I'm not in any position for legal trouble, so please find another excuse to use. And with 6-7 members on our site, we are dangerous to the OSBot community! Get real, and do something productive with your life, please.

Didn't mean it as a personal attack, but apparently you took it that way.

You're focusing on a subpoint (DoS), rather than the main point (breaking of the chat rules) of the thread. I was pointing out some possible detrimental (not quite sure where you got "dangerous" from) results from what had happened.

I didn't mean to offend you in any way, and if mods see this turning into a flame-war (which wasn't my intent whatsoever), please close or delete this thread.

Didn't mean it as a personal attack, but apparently you took it that way.

You're focusing on a subpoint (DoS), rather than the main point (breaking of the chat rules) of the thread. I was pointing out some possible detrimental (not quite sure where you got "dangerous" from) results from what had happened.

I didn't mean to offend you in any way, and if mods see this turning into a flame-war (which wasn't my intent whatsoever), please close or delete this thread.

I think it's safe to say we should close this.

If I actually offended/bothered you to this extent, then I'm sorry.

/close

It's not allowed to advertise another community on either the chatbox nor forum, as noted in the general rules.

They both broke this rule, therefore I will notify them to don't do it again.

I believe they didn't do it deliberately, it's something innocent, so I won't give any official warnings, unless they continue.

Now to prevent any (more) flaming, thread closed.

• Like 1