Jagex detection method: Adding random items to inventory to see how you react?

Amehixe

Hello OSBot community,

This morning I logged into my account to discover that I received a 2-day ban from the game.

At some time during my last botting session, I noticed something weird. My account suddenly had a random trash item in it's inventory.

I have no idea how it could have done this, as the script I was using shouldn't be picking up items from the floor. I also had no such items in my bank.

Could this be a way Jagex is trying to detect whether you're botting (the way you react to a random item being added to your inventory)? I'm guessing a normal player would just drop the item when it got into it's inventory (the bot just banked it however).

I realise that I may be putting my account at risk with this, but I don't really care.

P.S.: I was running mirror mode

Are you sure it wasnt just an item on the ground that the bot accidentally picked up when it was trying to walk to a spot?

That's the most likely yes. (it was however an item that I do not think would be dropped a lot)

I don't bot a lot and in very short sessions (<1.5h), so I'm just theorizing as to why I may have been detected.

Edited by Amehixe

Are you sure it wasnt just an item on the ground that the bot accidentally picked up when it was trying to walk to a spot?

Your bot picked up an item and prob got stuck which caused the ban or because it was botting...

Alright let me just say this then :p

The script I was running only required banking access.

No movement required.

I also babysit the bot the entire time on a second monitor and that's the only thing I noticed being out of the ordinary

(although I didn't really think about it at the time)

Just sounds like you are talking complete air.

How would one conclude that you are a bot based on how you react to an item you may or may not know is there?

This is the type of logic which has kept botting communities in the stone ages.

I don't think you can deny it completely though.

Since mirror mode botting is so hard to detect (correct me if I'm wrong), I feel like Jagex would need to resort to these types of methods for detection.

Edited by Amehixe