Mirror Mode with Virmach/VPSGaming

whazzdown

Hello, I have no problem running Mirror Mode on my personal PC (Windows)

However I had purchased a RS Server supposed to be able to run Mirror Mode.

Mirror Mode was made for Windows but does support Linux correct?

I do have the same Client.jar  (Mirror Client) in my OSBot/Data Folder like its supposed to be on my VPS After restarting the VPS (Same as on my Windows).

http://vpsgamers.com/runescape-botting-private-proxy/

(I got the 5G $25 Plan for up to 2 Mirror Mode)

Should Mirror Mode be able to run on this type of server?  Or do I have to find a Windows Server Specifically?

I've submitted a ticket to Virmach as well to see if they know anything but maybe I can get help here as well as I've tried quite a bit.

-------------------------------------

So I Open OSBot

Injection Mode works fine

I Open OSBot

Mirror Mode Picked

OSBot Opens

I click "Add Bot"

Screen Hangs on "Could Not Load Stream Library" Indefinately

-------------------------------------

With The Error Log.

Thanks!

[DEBUG][11/01 12:30:50 PM]: OSBot is now ready!
[iNFO][11/01 12:30:51 PM]: Loaded 1 RS accounts!
[iNFO][11/01 12:30:53 PM]: Welcome to OSBot 2.4.96!
[iNFO][11/01 12:30:58 PM]: Updated injection hooks for client revision : 124!
[DEBUG][bot #1][11/01 12:30:58 PM]: Initializing mirror client bot...
[ERROR][bot #1][11/01 12:30:59 PM]: nattachfail
java.lang.RuntimeException: s1
    at client.rVo.et(Unknown Source)
    at client.pOMt.huow(Unknown Source)
    at client.emu.FOtq.run(Unknown Source)
[ERROR][bot #1][11/01 12:30:59 PM]: legacyload
java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: com.sun.tools.attach.spi.AttachProvider
    at java.lang.ClassLoader.findClass(ClassLoader.java:530)
    at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:424)
    at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:357)
    at org.osbot.IA.loadClass(py:117)
    at java.lang.Class.forName0(Native Method)
    at java.lang.Class.forName(Class.java:264)
    at client.XGGl.<clinit>(Unknown Source)
    at client.rVo.epjo(Unknown Source)
    at client.rVo.wx(Unknown Source)
    at client.nat.stream.Stream.et(Unknown Source)
[ERROR][bot #1][11/01 12:30:59 PM]: Could not load stream library
java.lang.RuntimeException: Could not load stream library
    at client.nat.stream.Stream.et(Unknown Source)
Caused by: java.lang.RuntimeException: s2
    ... 3 more

I'm not the creator of mirror mode so I can't provide more accurate insight into this problem but judging from the error message you can try the following

1. Install the latest JDK 

http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/java/javase/downloads/jdk8-downloads-2133151.html

2. Make sure the JAVA_HOME environment variable is set on your system

Windows:

Press super + r

start cmd

execute the command "where java"

Linux:

execute "which java"

The output should contain a line for the JDK folder, not only JRE (if you also have JRE installed)

3. Go to {JDK}/lib/ and look for the file tools.jar which contains the Attach API used to attach to Java processes 

If this one is missing, you can find it on google but it should be included in the JDK

Make sure the JVM you are attaching to is supported by mirror mode

• Like 1

I've heard virmach/vpsgamers is overpriced :/ How do you like their service though? 

I profit using there services, overall good experience on my part.

As for the the mirror mode, the default OS installed on the Virmach VPS doesn't support it, though they can install a OS that does support mirror mode, open a support ticket with them and give them your root password a rep should be able to do it for you.

• Like 1

I've heard virmach/vpsgamers is overpriced :/ How do you like their service though? 

If it's overpriced I couldn't care less really. Making more than the costs and it's perfect for braindead people like me who don't know how to set up shit.

If I knew a good place that showed me how to do everything to set something up for the same price (and beefier) I'd be all ears. Till then I'm happy paying a pretty penny for an easier experience.

• Like 2

Virmach(affiliate link) may be slightly more expensive than other providers, but you are getting good value for your $ spent!
They have been around for years, provide excellent support, and care about the RS community.
They have got literally HUNDREDS of recurring and happy satisfied customers for RS botting!

Don't forget about sellers like GoNode5 who was recently BANNED for being a scammer!
http://osbot.org/forum/topic/108778-gonode5-scammer/
Cheap ≠ Better!
You risk your entire farm when using new/untrusted providers.
Stick with the tried and true and trusted providers.

If you're a programmer and know how to setup a VPS on your own, then more power to you!
But if you don't know how to use Linux, the command line, install a desktop environment and java, SSH, etc. then a company like Virmach is the way to go!
They come setup with Java, bots, etc. all pre-installed for you, and provide great support if you have issues!
It's buy and get botting w/ them, no experience required!

• Like 2

I profit using there services, overall good experience on my part.

As for the the mirror mode, the default OS installed on the Virmach VPS doesn't support it, though they can install a OS that does support mirror mode, open a support ticket with them and give them your root password a rep should be able to do it for you.

If it's overpriced I couldn't care less really. Making more than the costs and it's perfect for braindead people like me who don't know how to set up shit.

If I knew a good place that showed me how to do everything to set something up for the same price (and beefier) I'd be all ears. Till then I'm happy paying a pretty penny for an easier experience.

Sweet thanks. Ill look into them some more. 

Alright thanks for your Replies everyone.

I had sent a ticket & they did change me over to a Windows OS.

I got Mirror Mode working 100% on the new server after installing Java JRE & Java JDK those are all I needed.

I don't think Mirror mode would have worked on their Linux Servers.

------------------------------

Though it's $35/month for each Mirror Mode Bot (I'd probably have a very hard time making 35m/month to support it + profit).

From my experience, I wanted to do quests & go between towns changing skills regularily.

Streaming to my Desktop there was huge lag & walking 10 tiles freezes my whole computer for 30 seconds as everything catches up to the stream.

Even walking 1-2 tiles takes quite a bit to stream.

I can just run 2 Mirror Bots on my own CPU & pay the $4.50/month for an IP for each instead & watch youtube with zero lag.

------------------------------

The bot runs perfectly fine on their servers if you plan to just leave it and not play much, but if you want to walk around alot expect it to take you a while.

(If you run a script, the bot itself runs fine, its just the huge stream lag whenever I try to walk anywhere wasn't making it very fun/enjoyable to move from town to town)

Edited by whazzdown