Which car should i buy?

Decode

25 members have voted

1. 1. ..

• [IMG]https://i.gyazo.com/b02e6d1aab3ac126844f212f3c0963c6.png[/IMG]
    • [IMG]https://i.gyazo.com/a0bde1e08d00fbcc656ce0f18d8c6bf3.png[/IMG]

Can I suggest something else around that price range?

The RX8 is not really an opinion, especially if you don't know / have interest in how Wankel Engine works, as it's probably the biggest mistake in engineering history (there are no pistons inside that engine, rotary blades instead).

The E92 320 is a great car in most aspects, guaranteed a better choice from Mazda but when buying one - be prepared with few thousand $$ of cash hidden in your socks always (the automatic transmission is even worse than older VW DSGs, timing chain seems to bend especially M47 but also common in N46 -engines)

Buy a 2007ish VW Passat. The 2.0TDi with DSG automatic transmission is actually a great combo (not to be confused with the older DSG transmissions which were shit). Also can be picked up for UNDER 5K $. Yes, there are also some typical problems to VW TDi Engines, but the spareparts are so much cheaper than for example BMW. 

Volkswagen-Passat_R36-2007-1600-04.jpg

Can I suggest something else around that price range?

The RX8 is not really an opinion, especially if you don't know / have interest in how Wankel Engine works, as it's probably the biggest mistake in engineering history (there are no pistons inside that engine, rotary blades instead).

The E92 320 is a great car in most aspects, guaranteed a better choice from Mazda but when buying one - be prepared with few thousand $$ of cash hidden in your socks always (the automatic transmission is even worse than older VW DSGs, timing chain seems to bend especially M47 but also common in N46 -engines)

Buy a 2007ish VW Passat. The 2.0TDi with DSG automatic transmission is actually a great combo (not to be confused with the older DSG transmissions which were shit). Also can be picked up for UNDER 5K $. Yes, there are also some typical problems to VW TDi Engines, but the spareparts are so much cheaper than for example BMW.

Volkswagen-Passat_R36-2007-1600-04.jpg

Thanks for the post and while very informative, the passat isn't really an appealing option for younglings such as myself :/ also, if i were to get a new engine fitted in the rx8 would you suggest it?

Thanks for the post and while very informative, the passat isn't really an appealing option for younglings such as myself :/ also, if i were to get a new engine fitted in the rx8 would you suggest it?

Depends really on the engine, something like 2JZ-Z should cut it but is very expensive engine. I do understand your point, but spare parts for BMW are super expensive.

Also, don't get me wrong here but 2.0L BMW is like a front-wheel drive Audi, looks cool but isn't. Maybe a older Audi (2002-2009) A4 would do the trick, looks cool and sporty, cheap parts and quality build - end of the day it's an Audi.

VW can also be sporty (I now have Rotiform QLB wheels) .. Had to.

AcpsyWe.jpg