First cruise anyone been

GoNode5

I just went on the similar cruise a few weeks ago. The cruise is as typical as any, all the free food you want, but you get a card you just swipe liquor, so be careful, the prices are insane. I spent over $500 for alcohol alone, my GF loves those fruity drinks and they were like 10$ a piece and beers were around 7$.

Swimming with dolphins was amazing, but extremely sketchy at first since I have the worse fear of sharks but they say sharks tend to stay away from the area due to dolphins. If you do snorkeling prepare yourself to be within 50 feet of sharks....... You get over it real quick, or you have a panic attack lol.

Depending on your schedule, the hikes around Cozumel is super cool, lots of old shit to see.

The surfing was ok, but nothing to brag about, I live in Florida and I prefer the swells here if that says anything.

The night life/club scene isn't bad, just not my thing, since I hate dancing but my girl loved it.

It really is a sweet place considering the price,

DO NOT TRY TO BUY LIQUOR FROM ANY PLACE AND BRING IT ON THE BOAT...... They WILL find it and make you leave it... even if the bottle was VERY Expensive...

• Like 1

Hi, I live in Texas too and I have been on multiple cruises, including the 3 places you are going. We did this travelling. 

CPpHb4g.png

I can't say a lot about of what I did because I am under 21, because most things are usually adult orientated (21+), so cruises have been a bit eh for me until I turn 21. I can't remember the first two ships I went on, by my latest was on the Freedom. Huge ship, definitely better food than the last two for sure, I love cruise food, it is actually really good.

But for destinations....

Key West was extremely boring, then it started to pour, trapped inside some mall that looked like it was built in 2 days with no AC and hundreds of people. I fail to see why people really like it so much.

Progresso was awful, beach looked like Galveston, just with added umbrellas and chairs, and people trying to survive by pestering you about a hand crafted necklace with plastic shells. We walked through the street down to the beach and it was awful too. Just another run-down, poor, port city. Think of it was junky Key West. 

We went to Nassau (Capital of The Bahamas).  So I was really excited for that, clear water, nice beaches, great weather. Complete opposite, back to Galveston beaches. The shore is covered in tiny broken shells, every step you take hurts your feet, there was a little trampoline that was a bit out so you could jump on it but how do you get off? Jump down into some sharp shells and rough coral. The only good thing there was the buffet, that lasted for 5 minutes.

Freeport was just stupid.