Dealing With Depression

Gellie

any tips? I don't take my medication for it because It makes me feel like complete shit. So right now all I do is surround myself with a bunch of friends whenever I can. 

Finding interests that keep you doing something is a great way to mask it. Stayed away from meds too, 2spoopy.

Just stay busy doing something you sort of or really enjoy

• Like 1

You said you go to the gym, so exercise isn't the issue. Are you inside a lot? Try taking Vitamin D supplements, deficiencies can cause all sort of depression related issues. Also, if you drink a lot of caffeine it can cause depression like symptoms. Besides that, just try and think positively and when a negative thought comes up, think about it as logically as possible to disprove the negative bias. Try and set some short-term and long-term goals and work towards them as well. Maybe try to do things you normally wouldn't as well.

Most important, don't sit around moping and beating yourself up. When that happens actively try to do anything else (clean the house, anything really) to distract from the negativity. Sometimes this is impossible but just make a best effort.

Depression can be a bitch, but with the lows can come the highs.