Is OSbot unsafe?

Guest phred555

Guest phred555

So I got hacked last night, fortunately it was only for about 6m since I had almost all of my stuff in my bank with bank pin. And since I just downloaded OSbot, and only OSbot,  about 3 days ago it seems too much of a coincidence that the two aren't related. I have an authenticator now, learned my lesson, but is this normal for the rest of you guys?

Guest phred555

you seem like the type to click those links on the Double xp streams by the        "Ru3nscap3 DEV_Teeam_OFFICIAL",       then using their http://www.runescape.com/h129834h182934h12839h98db1b783b18234870123b471023b41237084h70 kinda links

Uh, no. I hardly download anything on my computer and use Malwarebytes and Spybot search and destroy at least 3 times a week to try and keep it clean.   

Guest phred555

It seems there are many issues with people getting hacked as of late, the real question is why would they hack you and not a very well known person and get more?

Well I didn't have an authenticator which is seems like most high profile people would have. And I also had the items on my char, so I guess they figured do it now before I bank the stuff later? Not sure. 

Guest phred555

Some programs can not be detected easily, even if they look harmless.

I once downloaded gui builder from really professional looking website, the gui builder worked perfectly fine, did everything the website said but few days later i discovered my account completly empty sitting in lumbridge bank. emote32342.png

Well I only downloaded 2 scripts so far, both of which by pretty reputable names around here. So idk. I just wanna know how I got hacked really, don't really care about the items :P

There could be many reasons, and not all people connected to OSbot use authenticator I cant imagine. Then again this also pushes to other websites as well, there are database leaks all the time for all different types of things, you could have just been caught up in that.

this is true database leaks are the main reason I change my passwords as often as I do its starting to get annoying

Guest phred555

There could be many reasons, and not all people connected to OSbot use authenticator I cant imagine. Then again this also pushes to other websites as well, there are database leaks all the time for all different types of things, you could have just been caught up in that.

You think storing your username/pass on OSbot's auto login feature is unwise then? Either way I'm probably not gonna use it to save 10 seconds, but still kinda curious.

It seems there are many issues with people getting hacked as of late, the real question is why would they hack you and not a very well known person and get more?

Sorry if that sounds stupid, but anyone can be easily hacked if they are not careful. When you are downloading things or putting your information into things, you always need to make sure they are the correct platform and so on.

The reason is they are not getting 'hacked'. Its jagex new strategy they wipe wealth off accounts and follow up with a delayed ban days later. They do this in hopes of more wealth being added to an account and getting banned and to remove wealth from the game in general. I know i wasn't hacked when this happened to me as i logged in on the exact same square only my gold farming items were gone and a few moderate items (100kish) were remaining

Guest phred555

The reason is they are not getting 'hacked'. Its jagex new strategy they wipe wealth off accounts and follow up with a delayed ban days later. They do this in hopes of more wealth being added to an account and getting banned and to remove wealth from the game in general. I know i wasn't hacked when this happened to me as i logged in on the exact same square only my gold farming items were gone and a few moderate items (100kish) were remaining

You also think Jagex would cancel my bank pin, and add an authenticator to my account, which I got removed through the help of Jagex?Lol plausible but unlikely.

no..

LOL