Sponsors, Vip, Donations!

Kati2

• Developer

Its great you get something back for the hard work, but just like the discussion we had with the guy selling his scrip through skype, isn't this more like buying privileges instead of donating?

There is nothing with us buying or selling in general, with the exception that we make the rules. We can sell VIP and Sponsor ranks accompanied with their privileges. Rules are that you can't sell scripts as a script writer, unless it's with the written consent and approval of the owners of OSBot. Once the SDN is available, people will be able to sell their scripts through the SDN. Anyone caught ignoring this, is breaking his software license and thus we are granted permission to eliminate all further access to OSBot and if done at a large scale, take legal actions.

This guy you are talking about, claimed to not 'sell' his scripts, however before he would share the script, he would charge a donation before he would trade over the script. This isn't a donation, this is a sale, and therefore got a warning and will be banned from our forums if ignored.

• Developer

Well, the guy was obviously a scammer, but I think you miss what I mean. I dont think there is anything wrong with funding the site by payments. But its more like buying something instead of donating. It always confuses me a little :-).

I see your point but nobody said VIP is a donation. It's a sale where two parties agree to exchange items, in this case privileges/otherwise restricted access on the forums and bot in exchange for money.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Do you HAVE to pay the $45.99 every 6 months to keep your Sponsor rank, or the $9.99 a month to keep VIP?

I was told that you pay once for the rank and you have the option of "donating" the amount on those periods.

You do not have to pay $45.99 every 6 months, but if you do not pay you will lose your sponsor rank, it is not a one time payment and must be renewed. But sponsor is worth it, your not only supporting the bot, but you get multiple tabs etc and get rid of advertisements and alot of other benefits. 

You do not have to pay $45.99 every 6 months, but if you do not pay you will lose your sponsor rank, it is not a one time payment and must be renewed. But sponsor is worth it, your not only supporting the bot, but you get multiple tabs etc and get rid of advertisements and alot of other benefits. 

So yes, you do have to pay the $45 every 6 months to keep it because it's not a one time payment deal. Also, there are no advertisements anywhere, so that reasoning backfires. And I cba to pay for more than 1 membership, so I only need 1 tab anyway.