More RAM

Gellie

Currently running 8GP of ram in my laptop. Its only $40 to upgrade to 16GP of RAM. So what are some of the perks of upgrading. I make videos and I know it will help render them quicker. Will it help with coding and scripting at all? Also what all will it help with.

Edited by Gellie

More RAM mostly benefits multi-tasking as more program memory can be sitting in RAM as opposed to being temporarily saved to the hard drive. Do you find you're running out of RAM? Also if you bot on your PC, with tons of accounts, then more RAM will help (but probably still CPU limited).

8GB ram should be fine for most things, I changed from 8 to 16 and didn't really notice a change.

Edited by Eliot
  • Like 1

More RAM mostly benefits multi-tasking as more program memory can be sitting in RAM as opposed to being temporarily saved to the hard drive. Do you find you're running out of RAM? Also if you bot on your PC, with tons of accounts, then more RAM will help (but probably still CPU limited).

8GB ram should be fine for most things, I changed from 8 to 16 and didn't really notice a change.

No point.

What about adding another SSD. I currently have a 256SSD. Will adding another one improve my pc's performance or no. Also, I am having the issue of when i render a video in 1080p. I can't do anything else because its super laggy. I would assume the added RAM would help that issue?

What about adding another SSD. I currently have a 256SSD. Will adding another one improve my pc's performance or no. Also, I am having the issue of when i render a video in 1080p. I can't do anything else because its super laggy. I would assume the added RAM would help that issue?

What CPU do you have?

An SSD just stores stuff, if your current one isn't full adding another won't do anything.

Your CPU is maxing out and you are probably making it thermal throttle due to that.