[ Mirror Mode guide / tutorial ]

Hi G00gle

·        What is mirror mode?

For this, I am going to quote Maxi, because he actually explains it pretty good:

It leaves NO trace in the RS client of our bot and is by no means visible on the JVM. The RS client runs in its own environment which makes it even better. You still have all the controls you had in the past. This could potentially knock out the initial flagging system that takes your account in to monitoring. We don't know for sure how their system works though, but this completely diminishes the detection on a code level base.

I see many people questioning, is it really less detectable? For what we know: We do not know how Jagex detects bots. Is it either by sending out packages to the client, or doing something else, we don’t know for sure, and we will never know for sure, we can only speculate.

From my understanding, and I might be completely wrong, but that is from my perspective:

Basically mirror mode overlays your other client. The actions performed on the OSBot client, are redirected back to the RuneScape client itself, and only the actions there will be monitored.

F.A.Q (To give quicker answers instead of a read) about ‘What is mirror mode’?

- Are there less bans with mirror mode?

There is no definite answer to that. Yet, people seem to get banned less quicker.

-  Is it true that it takes up a lot of CPU and memory?

Yes, that is true. See it from this point: You are opening two clients, for one account. So, you open up a official RuneScape client, and the OSBot client, and it has to load the client twice, and run the client twice.

- I have another question…

Don’t hesitate to ask them, I will also edit them in this topic.

·         How do I setup mirror mode?

I am not going to say that it is simple, but it is not that hard, I am going to show you on how to, and also show you it with screenshots.

First, load up your official browser, like Firefox in our example:

2mw5952.jpg

Now that we’ve loaded up our browser, it is time to setup our OSBot client, with mirror mode ofcourse. See the picture below for the mirror mode launch.

714saa.jpg

That is all there is to start your own mirror mode session. Nothing more, nothing less.

F.A.Q (To give quicker answers instead of a read) about ‘How do I setup mirror mode?’

-          I heard that proxy’s are not available to mirror mode, though, I want to use bots only with proxy’s, is this possible?

Yes, it is possible. Though, not through the client, this will result in some management, which I will explain later in this guide.

-          Are there ways to reduce the CPU usage?

Yes, there are ways, which again, I will explain later in the guide.

-          I have another question…

- Can I use literally every client to use mirror mode?

No, you can't. It is not possible as of yet to use OSBuddy, but you can use everything else. Example: Firefox, Safari, Maxthon, etc. 

·         Mirror mode – Proxy Support? -

Lately I’ve noticed a lot of people asking how to use proxy support on mirror mode, some people say it is not supported, some say they are supported. They are both right in their conclusion: It is not directly supported, yet there are other ways to proxy your session, which I am going to explain to you right now.

- First install Proxifier from https://www.proxifier.com/

- After you've installed Proxifier, go to "Profile > Proxy Servers"

- Click on 'Add' - And insert all of your IP's. BUT don’t set one as a default. Click on "Advanced" when you are done inserting the information of the IP to give your link a custom label, but you can also use your IP as a lable.

- After you are done with that, go to "Profile > Proxification Rules" and set it up like I have in my screenshot:

10ydmwy.jpg

You can do this pretty much with all worlds you want to enter, aslong as you have the IP entered, along with the other information (URL, etc.)

F.A.Q (To give quicker answers instead of a read) about ‘Mirror Mode – Proxy Support?’

-          Is there also a known way to only Proxify with one single click instead of constantly adding those rules?

Yes, there is a known way with Proxifier. You can also right click on the application to open the application under that proxy. Though, I must admit, I prefer this way. Simply because you’ll never have to re-add those rules, and you can just lean back, without having the stress of constantly remembering which Proxy rule belongs to the other rule. When doing it the easy way, you must bear in mind that you have to open different applications, for different accounts if you plan to use more IP’s.

-          Are there other program’s out that are easier?

Probably yes, but I haven’t looked into them, nor will I. Simply because Proxifier covers it pretty much all. I won’t bother with another program if this one works just fine.

·         Tips and Tricks with Mirror Mode –

FPS / Reaction speed

A default option within Mirror Mode is the Shift + F2 / F4 option, right? Well, it does actually bring down your CPU usage, and I will show you the results. Though, the machine I am showing is having some other difficulties other then mirror mode, it should easily run 8 of them, which I’ve tested before.

Before:

xe1sag.jpg

After:

25rlgl4.jpg

As you can see, it has changed quite drastically. I use these FPS, and reaction speed:

FPS: 20

Reaction speed: 500ms

You could go one step further if you wanted to:

29l0flw.jpg

This was with:

FPS: 10

Reaction speed: 50ms

Bear in mind, the performance will change when you go down in FPS and reaction speed. There might be some misclicks by the script, but I am not certain about this.

CPU management:

Well, we all know mirror mode is quite heavy with its CPU usage, right? It’s time to do some CPU management! This trick can be done with stealth too, so even for the stealth users around this might actually get quite interesting. At first I will explain to you a little bit of my strategy:

I assign my bots, to my cores. Especially in mirror mode, because it uses a lot, and it can manage two bots at one CPU core, without letting your computer freeze. This way I can run 8 mirror client accounts on one VPS, amazing, right?!

Now, I will show you some screenshots on how to accomplish this:

Your first step, open up your default Windows task manager. To open this, right click on your Windows bar, and click ‘Start Task Manager’. The good old ‘Ctrl-AlLT-DEL’ still works for this too.

2rpsq4j.jpg

Now that we know how to start the Task Manager, it is time to look some further on how to get to the assigning of the applications, I will show them in multiple screenshots below, on how to reach that step:

First right click on the proces. After that, click on ‘Set Affinity’

1vvd4.jpg

Now that you’ve clicked on the ‘Set Affinity’, you will see this window:

mhuja0.jpg

Simply click on <All Processors> and assign them to your core (NOTE: WHEN YOU DON'T ASSIGN THEM TO A CORE, THE APPLICATION WILL DIE!). After you are done with that, the application will work just fine. It might get laggy, but it will work fine. A screenshot from my own experience:

Before the assigning of cores:

s28ykm.jpg

Again, this is with two clients, and 20 FPS, and 500ms reaction speed. Now I will show you the screenshot with the assigning:

8wckyo.jpg

That’s a profit of 23% on your CPU! And it all is still working just fine. You can down-tweak again with the FPS and reaction speed, but in this case I think it won’t matter that much, because if you have 4 cores, the assigning uses the following formule:

Cores / 100 = The amount you have assigned to one single core.

Example:

4 / 100 = 25%. So one core in a quad core can use up a maximum of 25%. 

When using a dual core:

2 / 100 = 50% = Though, this may sound very nice, it is not so nice. Because the proces will also take more CPU when using a dual core.

CPU management – Setting up Priority level’s

Now that you know how to open your Task Manager, and know how to right click a proces, instead of click on ‘Set Affinity’ click on ‘Set Priority’, like I’ve shown in the screenshot below:

2qnxrn6.jpg

Now you will see the following priority levels:

• Realtime > This is the highest level of priority you can have in Windows, this will probably use a lot of CPU when using other applications, but I am not sure seeing as I never needed this option.
  • High > Just a level under realtime. This option might actually be interesting if you don’t want to experience lag in your client. Yet again, I’ve never used this option.
  • Above normal > Slightly above the normal scale, as it already states.
  • Normal > This is default in Windows
  • Below normal > From here on it might actually get interesting. If you choose resources over lag, I would try out this option, seeing as it will use less, the system is not prioritizing this proces.
  • Low > The lowest option there is in Windows, you clearly choose lag over resources if you choose this option. This might actually be interesting for some when goldfarming.

The screenshot of before with 2 clients (50% CPU):

s28ykm.jpg

After with the low priority:

dhc0gl.jpg

It’s a profit of 9%, yet I don’t believe it holds that much value. For some it might work, in my case it does not change that much, so I don’t bother with this option.

• Using batch files for Mirror Mode -

Batch #1 is a example of setting up your browsers for Mirror Mode.

I will explain to you what this actually does: 

Start – Pretty simple: We want to start something, so we are giving the command to start.
“Firefox” – Is the title of the commandprompt.
“C:\Program Files (x86)\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exe” – Is basically the path to the browser, you may actually use your own browser, like safari, but don’t forget to change the paths. Everything that comes after this, are all the urlss I always load when starting up mirror mode.

When you are done understanding, copy paste the code into a notepad, and click ‘File > Save as… > Save as ‘All files’ and choose a appropriate name. Example: Browser.bat 

You must really save it as .BAT else it won’t be executed. Also, don’t close the command prompt, else you risk to close all of your urls.

Now that we know how to do this with browsers, and urls, lets continue with the mirror mode clients.

Using batch files to automatically open Mirror Mode clients:

@echo OFF;

cd "C:\Users\Administrator\Desktop"
java -jar "osbot 2.4.71.jar"

PAUSE;

I’ll explain to you what everything does:

cd "C:\Users\Administrator\Desktop" – cd stands for ‘Change Directory’ the default directory which you start in, is C:\Users\Mark, where Mark is my own name.

java -jar "osbot 2.4.71.jar" – java is the application that is required to run our desired application: OSBot. –jar is to open the .jar files, and the “osbot 2.4.71.jar” is the file we want to open. Since we used ‘cd’, we don’t have to do that each time we are opening up our batch file.

When you are done understanding, copy paste the code into a notepad, and click ‘File > Save as… > Save as ‘All files’ and choose a appropriate name. Example: Mirror.bat

You must really save it as .BAT else it won’t be executed. Also, don’t close the command prompt, else you risk to close all of your urls.

When you are done creating your desired batch files, you can simply click on the batch file to open it all up! Just sit back, and relax. These clients load pretty slow with this method, but you’ll have an easier time managing those clients.

F.A.Q (To give quicker answers instead of a read) about ‘Tips and Tricks with Mirror Mode?’

• Does the core assigning work for every system?

Mostly. If you use a dual core, without hyperthreading (Hyperthreading is basically a few virtual cores) then it might actually be hard, but atleast try it, maybe it works!

• With the core assigning, how many can I assign to one core?

That is indeed a pretty interesting question. This differs a lot with method you use. When using mirror, I would choose to only use 2/3 per core, when using stealth, you can probably assign more bots to one core.

• Let’s say, I use two bots, and they use up 25% in one core, does that mean I can actually run 8?

Yes! Your system will probably not even hit the 100% CPU usage when using this. Atleast, my VPS doesn’t.

• When setting priority level’s, what am I basically doing?

Short answer: You are telling your system to focus less on that proces, and focus on the other processes.

Long answer: When dividing the ‘attention’ of your system onto other applications, it might actually free up some focus, and might let you more applications. I am not even remotely sure if it does in the long run, but it is worth a try.

• Can I actually goldfarm with these ways?

Depends what you mean with goldfarming, and what kind of system you got. When your definition is: 5+ accounts, then yes, you can goldfarm with this way on some machines.

- A word after... -

I hope you’ve learned something about my guide, and if I should change something, please let me know. I did my best to bring this guide to you, and I do take all feedback into account, or proces it into my thread. If something is not clear after reading, please let me know, and I’ll explain everything to you.

NOTE: If I made a mistake somewhere, please tell me. My native language is Dutch, so that might be the reason for some grammar problems, just point them out in a PM. Don't post about those in this post, this post is to inform other people, not to make a English class out of it. 

Edited by Hi G00gle
  • Like 6

Sorry, it is not yet possible. You will receive the error about the hooks. You can use Firefox, or another browser, and continously add tabs.

Thanks for answer.

Yeah i know Osbuddy gave me error as well, i tough its possible somehow tho and i know that Browsers or official RS client do work with it.

• Like 1

question about the hosts. do i enter "http://oldschool.runescape.com/game?world=385" or what you have exactly?

EDIT - o nvm i got it working. its automatic

No, because it does not allow certain things. It's like *oldschool85.runescape.* . Glad it worked out for you. biggrin.png

I can use osbuddy with mirror mode no issues. 

edit: added shitty picture

86c738bbde76f3e87f2d06b1ca9434d3.png

Weird, because the last time I tried it did not work. I'm going to look into it right now, if it works for me, I'll edit my post. Thank you for pointing it out!

EDIT: I've tried it out, but on my end it does not work, that is pretty weird. Screenshot:

a4wv81.jpg

And it's even more weird that the developers mentioned that OSBuddy is not supported yet. Can you tell me how you did it?

Edited by Hi G00gle

No, because it does not allow certain things. It's like *oldschool85.runescape.* . Glad it worked out for you. biggrin.png

Weird, because the last time I tried it did not work. I'm going to look into it right now, if it works for me, I'll edit my post. Thank you for pointing it out!

EDIT: I've tried it out, but on my end it does not work, that is pretty weird. Screenshot:

a4wv81.jpg

And it's even more weird that the developers mentioned that OSBuddy is not supported yet. Can you tell me how you did it?

I did manage to use OSBuddy aswell 

H896MM0.png

The problem with using OSBuddy may refer to your JVM architecture, namely 32 bit or 64 bit. If you can run OSBuddy in a 32 bit JVM you may be able to attach to it.

Doesn't actually matter, my own PC is 32 bit and my windows vps are 64 bit. Works perfectly fine on both.

Also osbuddy isn't as reliable as other clients such as browser or official rs client.

Edited by Zanock

Doesn't actually matter, my own PC is 32 bit and my windows vps are 64 bit. Works perfectly fine on both.

Also osbuddy isn't as reliable as other clients such as browser or official rs client.

Java programs have nothing to do with your PC architecture but the JVM architecture as they don't run directly on your device

• Like 1