mirror client and rs game client freeze

nics too swoll

I have been using mirror for a while now but the last 2 weeks Ive been noticing the mirror client and game client will freeze. Not crash and send a report, just literally freeze and i have to force quit both applications.

If i play the game through the rs client, without using the mirror client, it never freezes, I have no issues, but when i start the mirror client i can barely get 30 minutes in before it freezes, multiple times a day. I haven't been able to get an hour of mirror without it freezing on me.

I use a macbook, any suggestions? Java is up to date.

Edited by nics too swoll

I have been using mirror for at least 6 months. I have used mirror for literally all my stats and i have 1300 total level 99 str 99 mage and almost 90 range, all without any issues of freezing or anything. It would run for 3-5 hours no issue.

Now, I'm using the same scripts as before, and i am having this "freezing" issue EVERY TIME. And it will happen with multiple scripts, I mainly use yak slayer for ranged, but i also use a few others.

I have heard that for mac users it is best to get a certain java version but I do not know what exact version that is so im just using the most current.

Just extremely frustrating when i think its running and it freezes 15 minutes into a session.

Are you using a specific script or performing a certain action when it freezes? Has it only been doing this for 1 specific version or has this happened across multiple ones?

I have been using mirror for at least 6 months. I have used mirror for literally all my stats and i have 1300 total level 99 str 99 mage and almost 90 range, all without any issues of freezing or anything. It would run for 3-5 hours no issue.

Now, I'm using the same scripts as before, and i am having this "freezing" issue EVERY TIME. And it will happen with multiple scripts, I mainly use yak slayer for ranged, but i also use a few others.

I have heard that for mac users it is best to get a certain java version but I do not know what exact version that is so im just using the most current.

Just extremely frustrating when i think its running and it freezes 15 minutes into a session.

Edited by nics too swoll

I understand your frustration, have you also tried removing any old java versions and possibly reinstalling the latest one?

I'm afraid that I'm not sure what could be causing it then. Do you have enough RAM installed on the machine? 

I'm not sure, could something have caused my laptop to lose RAM?

I was able to get multiple 99s without changing anything on my computer and now all of a sudden this is happening

I too get the random crash/freeze with mirror mode, but not very often at all, and its usually with a walking script, and after clearing cache its common, because alot of the times in the crash or before, it will be loading something for me which is common after a cache clear. Sometimes though I come back and its either just crashed or black. Again though its rare for me. I really like mirror mode and get many hours with no issue most days, and I run 4-5 clients in mirror, I think thats where I run into the issue more time than not, is when setting up all 5 bots, when they all running if 1 hour have past and nothing crashed I feel confident they wont.

i7 2600k, 8g ram, and osbot  v.59, java 8 fresh install, using osbuddy to attach to.

Edited by Joster

I too get the random crash/freeze with mirror mode, but not very often at all, and its usually with a walking script, and after clearing cache its common, because alot of the times in the crash or before, it will be loading something for me which is common after a cache clear. Sometimes though I come back and its either just crashed or black. Again though its rare for me. I really like mirror mode and get many hours with no issue most days, and I run 4-5 clients in mirror, I think thats where I run into the issue more time than not, is when setting up all 5 bots, when they all running if 1 hour have past and nothing crashed I feel confident they wont.

i7 2600k, 8g ram, and osbot  v.59, java 8 fresh install, using osbuddy to attach to.

I'm not sure why it happens to me all the time but it is still happening every time before an hour hits. I just try to monitor it as much as possible.

I seem to be doing the same exact thing as you except i dont use rsbuddy i just attach to the downloadable client.