Building a Home Data Center

GoNode5

Yea it took me quite awhile to clean it up I have a private sector in the data center that the actual dc techs check daily for fire hazards so I have to keep my cages clean and up to par. Believe it does not look like that anymore every time I have to add servers to that cage it have to take off most of the zip ties because the way the circuits are placed. 

I think we need you to come over and sort our server room out, we keep saying we'll get round to it but never find that time... I'll take a photo tomorrow when In work of the current state..

• Like 1

I think we need you to come over and sort our server room out, we keep saying we'll get round to it but never find that time... I'll take a photo tomorrow when In work of the current state..

Give me a call up ill come for the right price haha you'd be supersized how many people actually pay for that. 

Edited by Omnificent

So you're selling VPS from your house? 

No not at this point in time, I've moved most of my hardware to an actual data center. Although I do have some servers at home that I am still working on. The reason why the project was moved from home to a data center was I was having problems with my ISP at home with networking and stuff like that so I decided to move 90% of the assets to the data center and keep some home for personal use until I fix the ISP problems. I would really like to host some vpss from home though, in the near future for sure. 

• 3 weeks later...

Just picked up two more servers 4xIntel Xeon E7-4850 10 cores ea = 40 cores @ 2.0GHz and 256GB ram, I got them for a geat deal $800 each. I'm thinking of maybe starting a cloud platform just need to get some drives for it not sure if ima use sata III drives or ssd drives just yet but maybe cloud storage since the servers have 6 bays. Might put some 4tb drives in them 24TB equip raid10 and go from there hmmmmm still in the though process but that's just a quick update.

Still deciding if I'm going to be doing one or two locations maybe Dallas and LA or Dallas and New York. I know Dallas is for sure because I already have space but I'm thinking also LA to get some good latency to China. 

Edited by Omnificent