Building a Home Data Center

GoNode5

Just finished up my website and everything is moving along Dex made the logo for me just need to finish up moving some servers in and some ISP work and everything will be ready. FYI I just ended up getting some custom cabinets fixed up in a nuetral data center instead of an at home center comcast was giving me such a hard time with using the network it was nerve wrecking so just decided to work on that in the background and have production in an actual data center. 

Edited by Omnificent
  • Like 2

Just finished up my website and everything is moving along Dex made the logo for me just need to finish up moving some servers in and some ISP work and everything will be ready. FYI I just ended up getting some custom cabinets fixed up in a nuetral data center instead of an at home center comcast was giving me such a hard time with using the network it was nerve wrecking so just decided to work on that in the background and have production in an actual data center. 

dzL5hll.png

good job

i was thinking you already gave up

I've been following since you posted this status, if there is a good think going on here, let me know I may beable to help invest some money, depending on how it goes and what the return rate would be, not enough time to actually help you, working 10+ hours 7days a week sad.png

No problem, the colocation field always has good things. You can read more on the project here http://osbot.org/forum/topic/106799-company-investment-opportunities-make-money-monthly/?p=1195406 Ill most likely keep the forward progress on this thread and everything about investors and investments on the other thread. 

show some pictures if possible

9FNQCAR.jpg

This cabinet here includes 3 of our Cisco switches and a few of my networking servers. None of these servers are client side strictly for networking. Ill be adding some juniper MX480 and MX960's at my edge later on today also going to be adding Telia transits today. Excuse my phone the camera is not the best. 

Edited by Omnificent
  • Like 2

9FNQCAR.jpg

This cabinet here includes 3 of our Cisco switches and a few of my networking servers. None of these servers are client side strictly for networking. Ill be adding some juniper MX480 and MX960's at my edge later on today also going to be adding Telia transits today. Excuse my phone the camera is not the best. 

Disgusting abomination. 

zip-tie-vector_design.png

Next investment should be obvious. Troll.png

Edited by AWeirdThingy

Disgusting abomination. 

zip-tie-vector_design.png

Next investment should be obvious. Troll.png

O it doesn't look like that anymore I was constantly moving the KVMoIP so I took most of the ties off was working under a strict time frame the data center gave me to keep all the cabinets open lol but your right I need more of those zip ties. 

9FNQCAR.jpg

This looks exactly like our server room in work, waiting for the day a fire starts and insurance blame us!

• Like 1

This looks exactly like our server room in work, waiting for the day a fire starts and insurance blame us!

Yea it took me quite awhile to clean it up I have a private sector in the data center that the actual dc techs check daily for fire hazards so I have to keep my cages clean and up to par. Believe it does not look like that anymore every time I have to add servers to that cage it have to take off most of the zip ties because the way the circuits are placed.