What are your thoughts on the current state of Syrian refugees?

Kalispel

Personally, I think that they should not be welcomed into western countries, and the problem should be fixed where they come from. I know that's a lot more complicated than I make it out to be, but bringing refugees into our countries isn't the solution. Western culture is very different from the culture they are used to, and something that doesn't mix well. Thoughts?

Edited by Kalispel

We are all humans in this world. Put yourself in their shoes, you aren't going to stay in Syria and get killed by ISIS nor follow their fucking retarded way of living. We all have to remember that in the end, we're all humans and if it were you, you'd do whatever it takes to be taken away from all this, to somewhere safer where you can have a better life. Do whatever it takes to help them, whilst still trying to fix the issue in Syria (even though I don't see it ending anytime soon) and so if you leave the Syrians there, the word 'Syrian' won't be used to define anyone in a couple years.

• Like 1

they're not being 'sent' lmfao.

they're human beings.

don't forget when europeans went to the native lands and invaded america, the natives welcomed them with open arms 

I don't understand how your analogy of the Europeans taking over America helps your point. We are welcoming the refugees in with open arms, something the native americans quickly learned they shouldn't have done. I'm not saying its even close to the same scale nor is it an invasion by them, but in essence they are establishing their culture amongst our society, the same thing the Europeans did to the Native Americans. 

I don't understand how your analogy of the Europeans taking over America helps your point. We are welcoming the refugees in with open arms, something the native americans quickly learned they shouldn't have done. I'm not saying its even close to the same scale nor is it an invasion by them, but in essence they are establishing their culture amongst our society, the same thing the Europeans did to the Native Americans. 

you're twisting it completely lmfao. 'establishing their culture amongst our society' they are REFUGEES.

& plus, what would be wrong with them 'establishing their culture' within our society anyways? 

it sounds to me like you just have a slight grudge against them if i'm being honest

most of them would prefer to stay home, not to even come to the west.

you're twisting it completely lmfao. 'establishing their culture amongst our society' they are REFUGEES.

& plus, what would be wrong with them 'establishing their culture' within our society anyways? 

it sounds to me like you just have a slight grudge against them if i'm being honest

most of them would prefer to stay home, not to even come to the west.

I'm not racist even though you will probably make the assumption that I am. The point of this is to shelter them from the harm in their country until it is over. That probably wont be soon, or ever, so with that, there are some extremists who highly oppose the values of western society. I am not grouping them all under the category of being an extreme islamist or even islamic at all, but there will be those people. I could go on and on about the values that they do not uphold under their beliefs, but you are probably already aware of them. I actually do have a grudge against them. They have caused some serious problems since their letting in to the west. 

I'm not racist even though you will probably make the assumption that I am. The point of this is to shelter them from the harm in their country until it is over. That probably wont be soon, or ever, so with that, there are some extremists who highly oppose the values of western society. I am not grouping them all under the category of being an extreme islamist or even islamic at all, but there will be those people. I could go on and on about the values that they do not uphold under their beliefs, but you are probably already aware of them. I actually do have a grudge against them. They have caused some serious problems since their letting in to the west. 

'shelter them until it is over' 

i'm sorry but you can't just throw them in a hole and say wait until the war is over lmao.

&& your grudge is based off of propaganda, you've done 0 investigation into the atrocities the west has comitted in these regions and why extremism is even a thing and why the very tiny % of extremists do what they do