NodeRouteFinder

timthebot

Thanks very much. As far as I can see this does not yet allow routefinding across the world, routes returned are null...

Position catherby = new Position(2808, 3439, 0);
Position varrock = new Position(3253, 3420, 0);
INodeRouteFinder router = INodeRouteFinder.createSimple();

List<IDirection> route = router.route(varrock, catherby);
System.out.println(route); // returns null

Am I doing something wrong, or is this stuff just too immature at the moment? I know these classes are currently undergoing development... I see the createAdvanced() throws RuntimeException: not implemented yet.

Just to be clear, I require a routing function that can return a route if there exists one purely on foot, otherwise null.

For example:

RouteFrom(Lumbridge, Ardougne) -> returns a valid route walking via white wolf mountain.

RouteFrom(Varrock, Varrock Sewers) -> returns null since there is no way to walk from A to B, a "teleport" (ladder) must be used.

Ideally this class would work with or without an active client.

What I described appears to be the desired functionality of NodeRouteFinder in 2.4.29, however I assume there were issues that meant it has been removed as opposed to simply being marked deprecated...

Edited by timthebot

• Developer

Thanks very much. As far as I can see this does not yet allow routefinding across the world, routes returned are null...

Position catherby = new Position(2808, 3439, 0);
Position varrock = new Position(3253, 3420, 0);
INodeRouteFinder router = INodeRouteFinder.createSimple();

List<IDirection> route = router.route(varrock, catherby);
System.out.println(route); // returns null

Am I doing something wrong, or is this stuff just too immature at the moment? I know these classes are currently undergoing development... I see the createAdvanced() throws RuntimeException: not implemented yet.

Just to be clear, I require a routing function that can return a route if there exists one purely on foot, otherwise null.

For example:

RouteFrom(Lumbridge, Ardougne) -> returns a valid route walking via white wolf mountain.

RouteFrom(Varrock, Varrock Sewers) -> returns null since there is no way to walk from A to B, a "teleport" (ladder) must be used.

Ideally this class would work with or without an active client.

What I described appears to be the desired functionality of NodeRouteFinder in 2.4.29, however I assume there were issues that meant it has been removed as opposed to simply being marked deprecated...

Certain connections (such as varrock severs ladder) are not introduced yet, expect to see them available next week.

The code that you have posted does not return null for me - what build are you using?

I'm so dumb. facep.gif It helps if you actually run the jar and click the "install webwalking" button before you try to run it...

I've got routes working now :D It seems to force printing information to the terminal, what's the best way to turn this off? Currently I'm just temporarily redirecting System.out to filter out these messages, but ideally there would be a less ugly fix...

Many thanks for everything so far, this has been extremely helpful already

• Developer

I'm so dumb. facep.gif It helps if you actually run the jar and click the "install webwalking" button before you try to run it...

I've got routes working now biggrin.png It seems to force printing information to the terminal, what's the best way to turn this off? Currently I'm just temporarily redirecting System.out to filter out these messages, but ideally there would be a less ugly fix...

Many thanks for everything so far, this has been extremely helpful already

What purpose do you need webwalking for without running an active client?

What purpose do you need webwalking for without running an active client?

I'm working on a standalone runescape route finder. The vision I have is: given skills/quests/items on character will return the most optimum route for a task, considering accessible teleports/boats/fairy rings/all transportation methods.

This tool will then be used in my other project which will try to "evolve" the runescape character along the most efficient levelling route. For example:

Take current stats/quests/etc.

Generate 10 candidate "evolved" characters, with small deltas in skills/quests (e.g. +5 agility, +5 fm, + priest in peril)

Compare these small deltas with the resulting change in route speed.

Use successful permutations to attempt to find a random, but efficient, path for levelling in order to complete a certain route.

Bear in mind all of this is just an interesting problem I've thought up and would like to solve. It's actual use in any script is not really my interest.

Edited by timthebot